Sep 17, 2009
South Coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
21years
Went to my 'van which is in storage and the 'van battery is flat:cry:

Can I just use jumper leads from my car, a 2.0lt diesel to jump start the 'van? or do I have call out the boys at Green Flag.

dikyenfo

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class Mc Louis with small trailer
Exp
1 year
Connect the live terminal battery to battery and then connect the car battery neg. to the chassis on MH. Run car engine and then operate starter on MH. Good luck

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Connect it as in previous post and it should jump start.
It's only a van after all.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

Phyly

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
South Coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
21years
Many thanks...you keep hearing horror stories about people blowing the electrics in the donor car!!

wildbri

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Funster No
It is suggested that you turn on lights and heater fan in the vehicle to be started before you jump start to prevent a surge from the vehicles alternator when it starts, this can damage the electronics on modern vehicles, or so I am told. regards bri :Smile:
P S I have started many vehicles without doing this and have had no problems, but with modern electronics who knows..

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
depending on how flat the battery is and how long it's been like it it may now be dead, better to remove it and charge it properly rather than start and drive someplace only to find you still have a flat battery when you try to restart to come home.
Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Went to my 'van which is in storage and the 'van battery is flat:cry:

Can I just use jumper leads from my car, a 2.0lt diesel to jump start the 'van? or do I have call out the boys at Green Flag.

Phyly........under my Fiat bonnet on the right is a black plastic cap with a + sign on, lift the cap to connect the red + positive lead on, and on the front bodywork above the front grill to the right is a nut and bolt with a long thread showing and stamped at the side into the panel is the earth sign..... one line vertical three lines horizontal getting smaller to the top (Like a christmas tree stood up or on its Side)..clip your - earth to that.

MEL:thumb:

(Thats is on the latest Fiat 130 multijet 2008 model)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back