are we really a "burden on the community" (1 Viewer)

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Doesn't seem to be any mention of the revenue to local businesses that we all bring along with us. Just some toffee nosed councillor who holidays in the Maldives from his overpaid salary.

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
Votes.

Very one sided as usual. The local nimbys can vote for those councillors, the park visitors can't.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The news article didn't print the full details, the planning application was not for an extension of general camping but for static accommodation.

Application No: EPF/1753/09

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Jim

I really think that we need a news channel or something/somewhere that we can go to easily, to find the facts behind headlines, as it seems that all the news media want to show/print etc. are controversial headlines, none of them appear to want to tell people all of the facts without any bias so we can make an objective judgement based upon all the facts

I actually think that is the area where the BBC should be made to focus as they are the only ones that don't need to make a profit, so could devote there resources into fully investigating any headlines that are shown in the private funded media and reporting the cold hard facts unbiasedly.

I also live in cloud cookoo land:ROFLMAO:

The news article didn't print the full details, the planning application was not for an extension of general camping but for static accommodation.

Application No: EPF/1753/09

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi, Jim

I really think that we need a news channel or something/somewhere that we can go to easily, to find the facts behind headlines, as it seems that all the news media want to show/print etc. are controversial headlines, none of them appear to want to tell people all of the facts without any bias so we can make an objective judgement based upon all the facts

I actually think that is the area where the BBC should be made to focus as they are the only ones that don't need to make a profit, so could devote there resources into fully investigating any headlines that are shown in the private funded media and reporting the cold hard facts unbiasedly.

I also live in cloud cookoo land:ROFLMAO:

Hi
I've learned the hard way not to jump in with both feet before checking *the facts* ..
The BBC are probably the least bias, but at the end of the day, can a reporter go to a war in say in Afghanistan and report without being partisan.? No one is truly neutral.

I like to read at least two accounts to try and get a balanced opinion , for example, the BBC then the same story in Aljazeera .. the facts are often somewhere in between.

This particular story was badly reported, the facts are on the Epping Forest Council site. The planning application, then the people who complained.. The council then refused the application based on local opinion, which after all, is that not what they are supposed to do.. ?

If this application had been approved despite objections the story would have been about corrupt councilors lining their own pockets..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Wouldn`t it be nice just for once to see everyone who had booked into the campsite to say hey we`ve changed our minds we don`t want to cause you anymore undue worry or trouble as we do over the 8 months we come and spend our money in your arsey little community and give you a decent living.:moon:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Clearly NIMBY's were out ion force that day. :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun