Hi (1 Viewer)

smerkderk

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Longborough
Funster No
Just a quick hi to all, im Derek and im looking to buy a motorhome early next year but wanted to get some decent advice on the do's and dont's of motorhomes. Will be going through all these posts and threads over the next few months and commenting where i can!

Cheers All

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi Smerkderk and WELCOME I`m sure you will get what you are looking for, plenty on here to give informal help, I Think :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Welcome To MH Fun smerkderk

flyingwelcome

Think you will find enough info on this site, but if you can't find it just ask someone will be bound to know the answer.

Best of luck.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Derek welcome to the fun :Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome,
enjoy the site, and any questions just ask someone on here will probably know the answer:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just a quick hi to all, im Derek and im looking to buy a motorhome early next year but wanted to get some decent advice on the do's and dont's of motorhomes. Will be going through all these posts and threads over the next few months and commenting where i can!

Cheers All

Biggest DO - go round dealers and shows and sit in and photograph as many as possible. It's going to be your HOME, it's got to have the right feel you YOU. Two main areas, will you sleep well ?, and when it's pissing down will you be comfortable ?

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
Hi Derek and welcome - you've certainly come to the right place!

Could I cheekily suggest you take a peek at my book?
It contains some useful advice you will absorb as you read it :roflmto:
There are a couple of free chapters on my blog website.
JAWS-MC - a member here - has really enjoyed it - you can read his review on the link.

I wish we'd known beforehand what we found out during our first trip :whatthe:

purdo4

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
14 months
Hi Derek

Welcome to the fun, every-one is so very helpful here,just ask.I have found
so many things that i didn,t know before.They really are a great bunch of guys and girls

Best Wishes
Maureen and Keith :roflmto:

petev

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Nr Swansea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Less than 1 year
Hi and welcome Derek:thumb:

OP
OP
S

smerkderk

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Longborough
Funster No
Well thanks all for the warm welcome, will be sure to check out the book and thanks for the advice brian, have been glued to ebay (hope that doesnt offend too much!) getting ideas on makes models price ranges and yes quite rightly interior configurations, already getting a good idea in my head on what might work for us, alos at some point over the next few months im hopfelly going to book/ rent a camper over a weekend to see how the wife and my son fair! pretty sure we are going to love it, littun especially. stumbled across one for rent in the cotswolds, (sorry forgot to say thats where we live just outside of moreton-in-marsh) which was £60 a day so i thought that was pretty reasonable for a taster, although its prob going to be booked soild when we want to go! ahhaha oh well..........

Cheers all

Derek

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back