whitch is the best tv ariel for my motorhome (1 Viewer)

blacksheep

Free Member
Mar 19, 2010
buxton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 years
ive seen the vision plus status 530/10 ,is this the antenna to have , will it work with trees near by , can you help , my motorhome is a elldiss autoquest 180 ,:Eeek:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It hurts does this:Doh:
Brian is Rrr
Brian is Righ
Cant say it:cry:
Brian is not wrong:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have tried several TV antennas, the one below has worked well all over the country for both analogue and digital, it is NOT directional, is amplified signal I just bolted to my rear ladder and works a treat.
Link Removed

!Bn!F5EwBWk~$(KGrHqIH-DYEtqb5TnD)BLhtlOui8g~~_35.JPG

Upvote 0

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Go for a dish...and a bargain:thumb:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
ive seen the vision plus status 530/10 ,is this the antenna to have , will it work with trees near by , can you help , my motorhome is a elldiss autoquest 180 ,:Eeek:

A good choice .. however

Terrestrial digital reception is patchy, not guaranteed even with the best antenna ..
Consider a Freesat box and free standing sat dish for about half the cost .. 140 free channels and you have no problems getting reception just about anywhere.. plus you get more fun setting it up :winky:

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The most commonly used Status 530 comes in either long or short lengths (530/5 or 530/10 from memory), I bought one second hand on a campsite for £30 a few years back - yes I know that was an absolute steel but thats all the chap wanted! I fitted it myself and it didn't take long, just a couple of hours from start to finish including the wiring and testing.

Anyway, there are loads on ebay, secondhand and new, so if you are able to fit it yourself then you can save a lot of dosh.

You do have to be 'brave' though as you have to cut a great dirty hold in the roof of your motorhome.::bigsmile: The most difficult thing I found was working out exaclty where to stick it to avoid the other stuff on the roof already, where it wouldn't cause problems with vent openings, avoid obvious spars etc, and so that I could see the TV whilst adjusting it (not easy in our then Rapito 709F as it had a small roof to start with!). When cutting the hole in the roof for the pole you must go very slowly so you are sure you aren't going to catch any cables etc hidden in it - I took my time and it's a good job I did as I found a cable (gawd knows why it was in that particular place as it didn't make sense, but it was) and I was able to move it out of the way without a problem and carry on. It's not a job for the faint hearted - especially if putting up coat hooks phases you!:Blush:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
well the one I have direction makes no difference, I suspect they meant to say omnidirectional, otherwise, why not just say directional.

Beats me but looking at the picture there are conflicting shapes indicating omnidirectional and unidirectional.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back