GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
I found this on another forum, Link Removed

Unfortunately online they are out of stock and so are my local stores but stores elsewhere that I checked do appear to have some stock.

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
I saw this advertisement 2 months ago,and ordered a 400watt inverter paid with my credit card and went to collect it from the shop,however when i got there it turned out they had sold out,so they gave me an 800 watt at the same price,what a result eh:thumb:

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I just reserved one at our local store I hope they do the same for me 800w would be better.

Kevin and tricia

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I saw this advertisement 2 months ago,and ordered a 400watt inverter paid with my credit card and went to collect it from the shop,however when i got there it turned out they had sold out,so they gave me an 800 watt at the same price,what a result eh:thumb:
Is it really? using a larger inverter than you need only increases the lost (overhead) power. consuming more precious amps to power the same thing as the 400W jobbie

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
I have just bought a 80 watt 12voltDC to 230volt AC converter for 14.99 from Asda. (plugs in a cigar lighter socket)
I have checked it on a digital meter that measures voltage and cycles per second.
Works a treat :thumb:

casey

Free Member
Mar 2, 2010
Funster No
recommend you read the reviews on the inverter from argos, they reckon the fan is noisy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
please excuse my ignorance, but what does an inverter do, and do we need one?

It turns 12 volt batery power into 240 Volt mains power
Look at the link in the first post
you will see a picture on Argos web site
with the inverter are two sets of leads one for a cigar plug one with crocadile clips you use one or the other, on the end of the inverter you will see a 13 amp socket:thumb:
plug in a 240 volt apliance and it will work from 12 volt battery

the inverter you buy should match your requirements
dont by a 800watt inverter to run 200 watt items althought it will run them it wastes battery power ie its bigger than you need
and dont buy a 300watt inverter to run 800 watt hair dryer it wont cope:Doh:cos its to small
Do you need one,proberbly not if your managing without already
rather than pay £300 or more for a 12 volt tv you could buy £70 mains one from tesco and run it through an inverter
Simples
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back