Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
mid wales/shrops border
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Returning newbie..
well, here I am, happy as a whoknowswhat after being waved at by various motorhome drivers on my way to first camp in Homey.....temp 20.5, little glass of red and dongle, just checking in to say hello then I'm off for my tea and to read my book - should have done this ages ago but at least I have now - son with me supervising the techie things, 11yr olds are soooooo clever....what shall we have for tea.......as for posh toilet place, well - what can I say.......:roflmto:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
MaryMary, its a good life and you seem to be getting it right a glass of red and a dongle who can complain at that :Smile: my favorite is a Can of Chilli from Lidl with a few sultan's thrown in a bottle of red then some cheese and biscuits, so quick and simple but for quick chill out perfect. Keep enjoying. Carol.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just soooo pleased you are enjoying life in Homey. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Waving

Hope you waved back Were all FRIENDS in this game.
Just driven back from Spain and found that the Spanish don't wave but the French do!! :thumb:

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
good luck ,enjoy

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hope you waved back Were all FRIENDS in this game.
Just driven back from Spain and found that the Spanish don't wave but the French do!! :thumb:

Here in Brittany, Motor Homes (les Camping Cars) are probably more welcomed than in any other place on earth! So owners tend to be very happy, and wave at each other. We can spend the night free of charge at Motorway service stations (unlike in the UK, where the government has loaned the motorway car parks to private companies so that they can make a profit out of the people who paid to have the car parks built in the first place!!! Which is why they are empty at night.)

Having just this week completed the rigmarole of registering the Hymer in France we are off today for a short trip up the road to Lac de Guerledan where we will stop, enjoy the views of the lake and have tea. After the rain early this morning, the sun is now shining and we will be able to park next to the lake without a yellow line in sight, and no little men with machines ready to give you a hard time. Only when we returned to the UK last year did we fully realise how many places are off-limits for even cars to park. If there is a nice view, you can't park there. Someone will be pleased to take a load of money off you to park a mile away, however.:Sad:

Napoleon was kind to Camping Cars, even though he had never seen one! And the fact that he left a law on the books which prohibits anyone from levying tolls on any roads in Brittany is also appreciated.:Smile:

Tomorrow we will probably drive south to the Loire for a few days. The weather might just be OK. Showers, no doubt, but sunshine, too.:Cool:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hope all goes well for your first trip.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
well, here I am, happy as a whoknowswhat after being waved at by various motorhome drivers on my way to first camp in Homey.....

Well...I've been waving to all the motorhomes during my trips over the last couple of weeks...and I don't think anyone's waved back :cry:

Mind you...being a little Danbury Dynamic (Doblo) they probably think I'm an unusually friendly taxi driver :roflmto: And by the time they see the MHF sticker on the side, it's a bit late!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back