help pls computer going haywire (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi everyone

Some unwanted items have been somehow added to my computer. I dont know where they have been added.

I use firefox but

Internet explorer keeps opening by itself - and bring up various adverts.

These keep appearing on my task manager
Cziwec.exe and another one keep appearing on my task manager and showing they are "owner" when I delete them they come back again within a few minutes.

Can someone tell me please how to find where it is stored and how to get rid of it.

Many thanks

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Try going to start run and type in msconfig. This will bring up a box, click on the start up tab along the top then on the list untick the files you do not want. ::bigsmile:

If this does not work try system restore to take your pooter back to a time it did not happen. Hope this helps. :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds like you have some Malware on your system. Download the free version of malwarebytes and scan your system, that should sort it. Best of luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Try going to start run and type in msconfig. This will bring up a box, click on the start up tab along the top then on the list untick the files you do not want. ::bigsmile:

If this does not work try system restore to take your pooter back to a time it did not happen. Hope this helps. :Smile:

Thanks but nothings working. Seems someone has stolen my administrator powers and I havent a clue how to get them back.

They have turned off system restore, so I cant even use that.

I did the misconfig stuff above, twice and each time it somehow gets overridden.

I also have chh.exe which I cant get rid of either.

HELPPPPPPPPPP xxxxxxx

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
some company as broken in to my hotmail contact list and is sending emails to all of them
in my name when they open up they get a advert selling electrical items .
they keep coming.have notified msn and have closed my hotmail .but wonder if my computer is safe .i need to do some online banking ,what do you think ? :Eeek:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
If it is linked to IE can you not go to control panel programs and uninstall IE? You can always download a clean version from MS later.

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Spyware

Try installing spybot and AVG ..both free on the net, and if that doesn`t work.....install a-square which will give it a deep scan for malware. It appears that you have clicked on a site that has grabbed your pc. It happens, but can be uninstalled via these programmes.

I hope this works.

Geoff

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
interesting the computer wont let me access spybot, avg, or malwarebytes

Have downloaded the free version of a-squared and my goodness what a mess my computer is.

It seems you have to pay for the full version to fix the problems though

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

Jan had a similar problem last week, I tried all sorts of solutions, going back to a restore point worked for a while then it crashed.. the dreaded blue screen of death, it wouldn't even boot up in safe mode so I installed a fresh copy of Windows.. That may be the only solution..

good luck

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Be carefull using programs like " a-squared " they can do more harm than good ,there only after your money and some may even infect your computer and make it worse

Try and start up in safe mode >tap f8 on boot up< ,only essential programs will start up,down load malwarebytes from another computer ,
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

put malwarebytes on a memery stick or disk and install it on the infected computer
and run in safe mode ,do the same with spy bot search and destroy,and again with superantispyware,
whist in safe mode you might be able to system restore if you cant install these programs ,then install if poss ,hope this makes sense
oddjob

Last edited:

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Scoring an "Own Goal"

some company as broken in to my hotmail contact list and is sending emails to all of them
in my name when they open up they get a advert selling electrical items .
:Doh:
This is usually caused by those people who insist on sending or forwarding emails (usually jokes or "do-good" messages) which already contain, in the "To" line, a long list of the sender's contacts. When this is forwarded, then that list goes with the email, along with your contact list if you also put all the addresses in the "To" line.

The correct way to send emails to a list of contacts is to send the email to yourself and put the recipient list in the Bcc line. That is the "Blind Carbon Copy" line. When your emails are received, the recipients will not see all the other recipient's names.

The point here is that if one recipient happens to have a particular kind of virus on his machine, it may collect addresses from these emails and pass them back, automatically, to the person who planted the virus. He can sell these addresses to companies who send out SPAM.

When using any tool it is vital to learn how to use it properly or a lot of damage can be done. The same is true of email. There is a huge amount of irresponsible use of email which a little learning could correct.

There are many, many articles about this on the web, so it would pay dividends to read and learn. Try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_carbon_copy , which backs up my comments above, or http://hubpages.com/hub/Computers_-_How_to_use_the_Bcc_Line_in_Email

It would be great if everyone would follow the advice. I, for one, consider it a gross invasion of my privacy when people send my email address openly to people I do not know.
:Angry:

It would also help if people checked on Google before sending these appeals to add one's name to the bottom of an email and pass it on. They are rather like the chain letters that little children enjoy at primary school. Most of them are very old and not genuine, which is easily ascertained by searching on Google. I recently received one that included several pictures of what were claimed to be Dolphins being slaughtered in the Faeroe islands. Firstly the animals were pilot whales, not dolphins and secondly, the emails simply continued without ever being presented to anyone! A complete waste of time.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
thank you for your reply i had a email with lots of names on it was a joke forwarded by my sister in law .i will tell her about this .i no longer use hotmail canceled it last night .
getting my computer checked out .

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Thanks to everyone

It appears I had 3 trojans and some very nasty malware.

It got to the stage that everytime I tried to go to any website it would redirect me to other places.

Took all day of which half the time on was on the phone to bt but they were extremely helpful. Whatever their technician did, it enabled me to get into the malwarebytes site
and that brought up a miriad of problems which appear to now be resolved.

Many thanks everyone xxxxx

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
I am think you need a good anti-virus ,i myself use free avast and have done for many years with very few problems , plus free comodo firewall,but remember only one anti-virus and one firewall as having more than one can problems and slow down your computer .
oddjob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back