Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
hi can any one please tell me which carpark it is where you can stay in southport as near to the beach as poss, ive looked on google maps and there is quite a few down the front. thanks tommy

gps co-ordanates would be brill would:Blush:

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Spent last weekend in Southport,
Friday night on the Sands pub Car Park near Pontins On the coastal Road to Ainsdale about 5 Miles from Southport,If you go on the car park after 6pm its free ,10am to 6pm its £5 for the 24 hrs,checked it out with the bar staff in the Sands,
You can also park on the beach for £3 but it looked a bit soft to me .
Sat and Sun we spent on Willowbank site Ainsdale £16-50 a night
Southport its self ,i spoke to a traffic warden £5-00 a day(8am - 6pm) 0n the prom and car parks after 6pm free , check the meters
sorry no gps but very easy to find
odjob

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Information from Sefton Borough Council is that none of their car parks (including P&R car parks) should be used for overnight camping.

There are a number of private car parks listed on the Sefton BC web site some of which have overnight/24 hour rates but there is no indication as to whether they can be camped in.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Spent last weekend in Southport,
Friday night on the Sands pub Car Park near Pontins On the coastal Road to Ainsdale about 5 Miles from Southport,If you go on the car park after 6pm its free ,10am to 6pm its £5 for the 24 hrs,checked it out with the bar staff in the Sands,
You can also park on the beach for £3 but it looked a bit soft to me .
Sat and Sun we spent on Willowbank site Ainsdale £16-50 a night
Southport its self ,i spoke to a traffic warden £5-00 a day(8am - 6pm) 0n the prom and car parks after 6pm free , check the meters
sorry no gps but very easy to find
odjob

thanks, we are staying at riverside site there over easter with some friends and i just fancy going early and staying on the front, i ve seen a few posts saying people stay there im just not sure where.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Tommy, I don't know if it was my post or not. I sometimes wildcamp on a piece of ground used as a car park. It is on the coastal road if you head out of Southport, direction of Preston. *sea is on your left. As you approach the bird wetlands on your right slow down and turn into the parking on your left. It is facing the sea and has walks for the dogs. There is a little road opposite it which leads to Churchtown if you want a pub meal *but go to the clean one, and there is a little antique shop, a coffee shop etc. If you like the Riverside it may well be worth you going a little further on to the San Antone Western Club towards Preston which is usually free on a Sunday afternoon and night and well worth a visit if you havn['t been before.

There are a few other places but I won't bore you as not sure what kind of thing you like. Regards.:Smile:

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Hi Tommy, I don't know if it was my post or not. I sometimes wildcamp on a piece of ground used as a car park. It is on the coastal road if you head out of Southport, direction of Preston. *sea is on your left. As you approach the bird wetlands on your right slow down and turn into the parking on your left. It is facing the sea and has walks for the dogs. There is a little road opposite it which leads to Churchtown if you want a pub meal *but go to the clean one, and there is a little antique shop, a coffee shop etc. If you like the Riverside it may well be worth you going a little further on to the San Antone Western Club towards Preston which is usually free on a Sunday afternoon and night and well worth a visit if you havn['t been before.

There are a few other places but I won't bore you as not sure what kind of thing you like. Regards.:Smile:

thanks, i saw the place you mentioned it looked ok there was also a carpark with the sea on one side and a lake behind it that looks perfect for an over nighter we ended up staying at the side of pleasure land on the carpark there, there was a rally on with the caravan and camping club im not a member but they let me stay there.

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Just back from Southport and just a word of warning ...... it seems they council have invested heavily in a battalion of traffic wardens ... boy are they keen and worse they are on motorbikes to get round quicker and more often!

Michael and Annie

Free Member
Sep 28, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Holdsworth
Exp
4yrs
We live not far from Southport. One guaranteed spot to wildcamp without any disturbance from the Traffic Mafia is the rough surfaced car park opposite RSPB Marshside, at the side of the Old Sandworks. :Smile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We stayed at the cc site near the park and ride earlier this year, we also found a ccc site just over the bridge next to the pier, its on the scouts building next to the boating lake, both not free but both very convenient to the centre. Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back