Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
just wondering if anyone has wild camped in newgale west wales :thumb::thumb::thumb: and where you parked and if it was ok to stay there:Smile::Smile::Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
just wondering if anyone has wild camped in newgale west wales :thumb::thumb::thumb: and where you parked and if it was ok to stay there:Smile::Smile::Smile:

We 'camped' there many many years ago, the site which is across from the beach only allows tents and camper vans.

Newgale Camping Site
Wood Farm
Newgale
Haverfordwest
Pembrokeshire
SA62 6AR

Tel: 01437 710253
Pitches: 80
Units: Tents ; Camper vans
Open: 30th March - 30th Sept 2007

reviews here

Macytia

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
4 years
Supposed to be heading their this weekend, You can park in the pub car park on the beach, the end car park but we usually stay on a Farm campsite, pass pub on right and above you at top of the cliff. Great views, relaxed park where you like, access to the coast path, accept dogs and only £6 a night, Luke the farmer calls round for a chat and his money every evening:Smile: Sriously thinking of changing plans and heading to Scotland for the snow instead:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Its freezing cold and windy there even in summer. The place certainly lives up to its name. There is a large car park there that is suitable for wildcamping. See this link here which confirms it is suitable:

http://www.motorhomeparking.co.uk/wales.htm#pem

Beg to differ but the information on my web site confirms that "wild" camping is not possible.
Overnight staying is no longer allowed after some people insisted on wild camping to it's N'th degree complete with open fire and barking dogs, leaving all their tat behind together with piles of human evacuations. Checks are made during the early hours. The pub car-parking has been spoilt even for us locals because visitors stayed overnight and didn't even go in the pub for a meal so they are reputed to be charging a tenner now. Shame.

Once again, the selfish few spoil things for everyone else.

Graham

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Beg to differ but the information on my web site confirms that "wild" camping is not possible.

Once again, the selfish few spoil things for everyone else.

Graham

Quite agree Graham

but I'm coming to the conclusion that the 'few' are becoming the 'many'

free campers are having an adverse effect our hobby.. this is NOT having a go at truly wild camping but at the free loaders who think it's their right to camp anywhere with impunity..

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Having lived near to Newgale a few years ago I wouldn't stop on the 'beach' park or by the pub, you would be a lot better off up the hill on the Left-farm on the right.
Fantastic views and you can get out of the wind!
Visit Solva It's lovely but tiny. If you visit St Davids say hello to my mum-she lives there.

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I have stayed there and when I read the following sentence assumed it was still OK.

"Newgale Beach. The main car-park and, to some extent the centre car-park (favoured because you get a view of the beach) is most definitely motor-home friendly......"

However, I failed miserably to read it all. Apologies.

OP
OP
M

mr bond

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
parking

ive spoken to a few peopole and they say they have stayed there wildly with no problems:thumb::thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
ive spoken to a few peopole and they say they have stayed there wildly with no problems:thumb::thumb:

That might well be the case but it probably means that there have simply not been sufficient resources for the council to enforce the regulations. As Jim says, "free campers are having an adverse effect our hobby".

The more people break the rules then the more councils will be forced to act - and that, as we have already seen in some places, could lead to total bans on motorhomes, not just overnight.

Graham

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Not strictly wild camping but this week found a CC CL between Newgate & Solva at St Elvis Farm for £3.50p per night not quite wild camping but very near to it.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
for those who are obviously opposed to wilding I would like to state, I take nothing but photographs and leave nowt but footprints. I have wildcamped all my life. The day I have to stop I will sell the van. As to being a freeloader. It is not free, it cost an arm and a leg in tax, insurance, MOT's, maintenance and fuel. Plus we spend in the local economy, often visiting local attractions as well. The government have their pound of flesh from me as does everyone else. I am a freeman of this fair land so there. Rant over.

madrigalmusic

Free Member
Jul 26, 2010
Funster No
Luke the farmer

Supposed to be heading their this weekend, You can park in the pub car park on the beach, the end car park but we usually stay on a Farm campsite, pass pub on right and above you at top of the cliff. Great views, relaxed park where you like, access to the coast path, accept dogs and only £6 a night, Luke the farmer calls round for a chat and his money every evening:Smile: Sriously thinking of changing plans and heading to Scotland for the snow instead:Doh:
-----------
Hi Macytia
Sounds ideal - Have you got any more details for Luke the farmer?
Thanks

madrigalmusic

Free Member
Jul 26, 2010
Funster No
Farm at Newgale

Having lived near to Newgale a few years ago I wouldn't stop on the 'beach' park or by the pub, you would be a lot better off up the hill on the Left-farm on the right.
Fantastic views and you can get out of the wind!
Visit Solva It's lovely but tiny. If you visit St Davids say hello to my mum-she lives there.
Hi Manda
Have you got any further details of the farm ?
Thanks

meggie

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
hi, if you camp on the site up the hill the farmer will come to you about 5pm every night,the site by the pub do take motorhome,i think you have to pay £5 a person,happy camping:thumb::thumb:

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
just back from wales just a note for any funsters going to conwyn car park just out off town we parked up in the motorhome side all the big spaces were taken so we parked in space back off mohome touching fence and front about 6" out of front of the box came back and we had got a ticket what a set off to$$$ers just another way to get money several germans with car and caravans got ticket so just be carefull

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
just back from wales just a note for any funsters going to conwyn car park just out off town we parked up in the motorhome side all the big spaces were taken so we parked in space back off mohome touching fence and front about 6" out of front of the box came back and we had got a ticket what a set off to$$$ers just another way to get money several germans with car and caravans got ticket so just be carefull
That will happen all over the country, whatever vehicle one drives, if it isn't parked in accordance with the parking order. Car parks have finite sizes and can only fit so many vehicles in. They are also laid out so that the vehicles they are designed for can manoeuvre safely. It is one thing for a vehicle to use two boxes in line (where allowed) but when a vehicle sticks out from the front of a box, or is parked outside of box markings, it reduces the manoeuvring space and could cause danger to other users.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Personally if I were heading for Newgale I wouldn't begrudge them a tenner a night to use the campsite behind the beach, which we have a number of times. The one up the hill may get a nice view but it's not exactly convenient for the beach, the pub or the coast path.

If it's an important matter of principle that you don't pay anybody anything there's a couple of wide set back lay-bys along the last couple of miles of the Haverfordwest road before you get to the coast. Not sure what restrictions (if any) exist.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just a heads up.
This thread is nearly 5 years old. Only resurrected by the complaint about Conwy parking officers doing their job and ticketing people who ignore the parking order :)

Crusty jack

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
No dogs allowed on campsite opposite beach, which also floods most wi ters and is thus boggy most summers. Toby

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back