peugoet autoquest (1 Viewer)

jph1

Free Member
Oct 17, 2009
Funster No
hi weve just purchased a brand new autoquest 115 .we are very pleased with it anyone else got 1:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Seen very good reports of the 115. We have an earlier model - Autoquest 110, now 6 years old. If you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours you'll have a great time.

Graham

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
We bought a 115 last July. We haven't been able to get away as much as we would have liked (nothing to do with the van), but are happy with it, and it seems to have survived the winter unscathed with nothing other than draining the water system.

Some relevant threads if you haven't already come across them:

Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

I also learned the hard way that a new door mirror costs £170!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We had a new 115 for 30 months spent a lot of time in France and thought it was a great motorhome we moved up to a larger motorhome with fixed bed otherwise we would still have it.
We had averaged 33/36 mpg on long runs one small mod would be to put a stop so as the cuttlery draw doe's not fly forward and open the cupboard door when you brake ,and i also fitted a piece of 30mm worktop on the cab floor behind the seats to level the floor from the habitation to the cab as I found the step drop a nusance when stood making up the bed otherwise a nice compact vehicle i hope you have as much enjoyment as we did .:thumb:

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
The cutlery draw appears to have been the subject of extensive development and is now an 'interference fit'. To close - push it in until it jams. To open - give it a good yank!! The cupboard door stays shut- sorted!!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi dont have the 115 but have the 130 and so far very pleased with it its a 2006 with 11k on the clock just past MOT last week with no advisory and had it serviced so far we have had no problems with the van (touch wood) so hope you have years of fun in yours.

Gerry

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
We have a 115 with 22K on it now - Great little van, we bought it as a starter with the intention of upgrading but I reckon we got it right in one:thumb: Mods so far include;

Cutlery drawer in bin - we keep the cutlery in a tin wrapped in a tea cloth (noise)

We reversed the door on the cupboard under the sink and fitted a removable shelf system, we also leveled the floor so things didn't catch on the bottom piece of wood - we also fitted a catch to stop the door opening

We fixed the overflow on the freshwater tank (you'll soon see why)

We removed the triangular bracing under the benches which seriously impinged on loading space. Aluminum right angle strip was fitted along the top of the bench seat support for both bracing and to prevent damage from the seat retainer.

Fitted Vento fridge fans

We removed the black 240v and 12v sockets plus the panel behind them and the bottom shelf. In its place we installed a TV on a swing arm and small 12v satellite receiver.

Uprated to 3.2T and fitted airide suspension

Enjoy!

Hopesy

Free Member
Nov 5, 2008
South Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Bought our 115 new in Nov 2007 and we're more than pleased with it. No mods so far but a couple of earlier replies have given me food for thought:thumb:. Oh i lie we've taken out the wood partion/bracing in the overhead cab cupboard and keep all our bedding in there. I take it the fresh water overflow modification stops you losing half of it on a journey but we normally travel empty anyway. IMHO it's agreat little van and the lay out suits us perfectly.:Smile:

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Autoquest 120

We have an Autoquest 120 - our first MH - collected new in Nov 08 and have travelled to France and later to Brugges - done 5000 miles in total and slept in it 52 nights in our first year - excellent - no problems - the fun bit was when collected that the heated rear screen warning light would not switch off - interesting as we do not have a heated rear screen! - found to be a relay component under the dash - apart from that really pleased and everything works well excellent value - never less than 36mpg:Smile:

Dawnbreak

Free Member
Aug 30, 2009
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Not as yet
How lovely to read about the Autoquest....never seems to be much about them on here.....as yet we haven't purchased a MH and this van was in the running until DH decided he was worried about the build quality...ie the structure of the van sides and roof....seemingly just jointed together...he likes the Swift with the curvature roof. I must admit I like the simplicity of Autoquest....can't be doing with fuddy duddy bits....so maybe I can get him to take another look when we're ready.....also a very nice £7,000 saving on the one that he likes....hmmmm we shall see. A thought::bigsmile:...maybe theres not much written on here as they are very good and not much goes wrong.

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
We got our autoquest 180 last year and it is a 2006, the only thing we have done is move the battery inside and added a 2nd.

In our opinion this is a great van, great value for money.

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
How lovely to read about the Autoquest....never seems to be much about them on here.....as yet we haven't purchased a MH and this van was in the running until DH decided he was worried about the build quality...ie the structure of the van sides and roof....seemingly just jointed together...he likes the Swift with the curvature roof. I must admit I like the simplicity of Autoquest....can't be doing with fuddy duddy bits....so maybe I can get him to take another look when we're ready.....also a very nice £7,000 saving on the one that he likes....hmmmm we shall see. A thought::bigsmile:...maybe theres not much written on here as they are very good and not much goes wrong.

As I have mentioned, ours survived the winter unscathed, and whilst it is a budget van, and may be regarded as a bit 'low rent', it does what it says on the tin. We looked at others with the same layout, but couldn't justify the extra expense. We keep looking, though.................

My heart tells me I want a panel van 'cos I prefer the look, (or a Chausson Flash 02), but my head tells me to keep the 115 for a while, at least until we have had more use out of it.

Reading here & on other forums, I don't think they are worse than anything else for build quality although as a newcomer, at first I was horrified to find bits wood as part of the structure. I prefer metal or GRP!

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
Can't find out how to edit a previous post (can someone enlighten me?), so what I meant was:

Chausson Flash S2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back