spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We`re looking to buy a brand new motorhome with no finance, and wondered if anyone has done this recently, and if there are discounts to be had ? We`re looking at motorhomes in the region of £75,000 with a possible part exchange of a value of £20,000. I say possible, as it would seem by their low offer, that one dealer isn`t really interested in a part exchange. :RollEyes: (I wish people would just say so, if that`s the case ) Has any one experienced any discounts when they have purchased brand new motorhome or is "the price , the price !! " ?

Thanks for any help you can give...or advice :Smile:

OP
OP
spiritsfree

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Dethleffs "Magic Edition

its always far easier to get 'extras' than get a 'screen price' discount.

Thanks for that Pappajohn. :thumb: I did just that and got a full alarm system...spare wheel...TV/ DVD ....extra battery...reversing camera...and £400 off of a Camos dome.

So i`m well pleased at the deal ::bigsmile:

Thanks again ...much appreciated:Smile:

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
As daft as it sounds being a cash buyer from a dealer isnt really an advantage as they make a commission from the finance company, so selling to you without finance actually costs them money :Doh:.

As your buying brand new (are you aware of the problems of buying new??) if the vehicle is on finance you have the backing of the finance company if the whole thing goes pear shaped and you can reject the vehicle and leave it to the finance company to sort out :thumb:

Now if your looking at used the cash buyer thing is a huge advantage especially if buying private :thumb:

But as previously said freebees and add ons seem to be the way in getting the "cracking deal" we all dream about :winky:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
spiritsfree

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Why buy brand new when there are low mileage vans about and the first owner has taken the hit and rubbed the rough spots off!

Does this hit the G spot? ........ Autotrail Arapaho Motorhome Automatic 2008

Peter

Thanks for that John......sadly we wanted a rear lounge in an A class...something that appears to be rare these days...but thanks anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks for that John......sadly we wanted a rear lounge in an A class...something that appears to be rare these days...but thanks anyway.

Hi,

This has just arrived, the pics are not of our van but give you an idea, ours has white leather and alloys..

''The Mirage 6000 is built on a Fiat chassis with a 2800 Turbo Diesel engine. The interior layout consists of a rear U shape lounge, kitchen/galley area with 3 way fridge/freezer, eye level grill/oven with 3 burner gas hob with electronic ignition. Large circular shower room. Diesel powered blown air heating and a front dinnette area. Standard specification includes Large Heki rooflights, Special Skai trim Rubberised roof for sound deadening, Solar panel. KEY FEATURES: * AWNING* SWIVEL CAPTAIN SEATS* DOWN LIGHTS* UNIQUE BEECH STYLE FURNITURE* ALLOY WHEELS* CAB AIR CONDITIONING* ROOF RACK AND LADDER.''

Peter

Attachments

• mirage600u1.jpg
    mirage600u1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 27
  • mirage6000u.jpg
    mirage6000u.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun