Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
As some of you know while I was staying at Henley recently my awning was trashed by a mini tornado which swept through the site.

A couple of days ago I decided to get on the roof and scrub out the gutters. This is the first time I've been on the roof since the incident and where the awning pole looped up it has put a small tear in the roof outer covering about 2 inches square.

Can anyone advise me how to repair the damage, at the moment I have covered it with Gaffa Tape but obviously this is temporary.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Ror, Linda at stateside does a purpose repair tape
Geo

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks Geo :thumb:

I'll send her a pm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Ror
Linda is on holiday at the moment so no chance of getting anything quick like.....
I have a new tube of rubber roof sealant in my garage which I am more than happy to send to you to get you out of the pooh :roflmto:
PM me and we can sort it out mate....

Keith

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
Try & get some silicone or similar sealant to back up the gaffer tape as a temporary repair. Once water gets under the rubber skin it will creep all over the place, and could give problems after you have done the permanent repair.

Bruce

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Try & get some silicone
Bruce

No!, Don't bother. Silicone is not meant for, and will not adhere to EPDM rubber roofs.
It has to be sealant which is purpose made for EPDM roofs, such as DICOR.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: I use Eternabond that I bought in the USA. It was invented to repair cables under water. It is similar to what Linda and others sell. An Elastomeric paint also comes in handy for seating down the tear before applying the tape. :winky:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks everyone for the help

Especially Keith & Duncan who both pm'd me last night and have sorted me out.

This what the Forum is all about

:thumb::thumb:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
AND?????
Did you get the Dicor in the post mate, and did you manage to seal the tear in the roof?
Come on, let us know :thumb::thumb:

Keith

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
AND?????
Did you get the Dicor in the post mate, and did you manage to seal the tear in the roof?
Come on, let us know :thumb::thumb:

Keith

Sorry Keith yes I did get it and did a temporary patch.

Then got a full repair kit from Duncan and did a permanent repair I'm not much of a DIYER but I think it's a pretty good job. It looks like I managed to keep the water out there are no signs of damp anywhere inside so I think I had a lucky escape especially as it rained non stop for 2 days

Thanks for the help once again and I owe you one :thumb:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
You are welcome mate :thumb:
Reason for asking is that we recently made a purchase from the internet, paid for the thing, company ships it out to us via Royal Mail. We get carded that they couldn't deliver it?????? Call the number to arrange redelivery only to get a recorded message saying that because of the strike they are unable to redeliver anything....................
I went down to the sorting office the other day to be told that they had sent it back to the sender :Eeek: How's that for efficiency :Angry:
So now we are out of pocket, don't have the thing we bought, the company have spent money with the lowlife Royal Mail and not got the service that they paid for and I am unsure at this time what will happen next.
So that is why I asked, in case some toe rag at the PO was holding onto it just for fun :shout:
Glad to hear that you got sorted out anyway matey :thumb:

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back