Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Following my mother going into a nursing home I have been trying to come up with ways to be able to keep my dog Dexter a 7 1/2 year old Cocker but sadly taking him in the car to work is not doing him any good so the decision has been finally taken, which i guess I knew it would end up as, that he needs to be rehomed, even though i work from home 1 day a week and a neighbour comes in on another day the fact is when my mother lived here he had someone here pretty much 24/7.

He is the 3rd Cocker that I've had and it is not going to be easy :Sad:but then it is about his welfare not mine.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Know how you feel .

Feel you will make the right decision for the dog from what you have said, at least you care enough, many don't and will not make a decision either way.

But still not easy. Best of luck.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Following my mother going into a nursing home I have been trying to come up with ways to be able to keep my dog Dexter a 7 1/2 year old Cocker but sadly taking him in the car to work is not doing him any good so the decision has been finally taken, which i guess I knew it would end up as, that he needs to be rehomed, even though i work from home 1 day a week and a neighbour comes in on another day the fact is when my mother lived here he had someone here pretty much 24/7.

He is the 3rd Cocker that I've had and it is not going to be easy :Sad:but then it is about his welfare not mine.

have you thought aout a run in the garden and another dog for company whilst you are out, or are you away a lot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
have you thought aout a run in the garden and another dog for company whilst you are out, or are you away a lot.

I am out from 7am until about 5pm when I can get away sharpish so unfortunately not an option it is just too long but thanks for the suggestion, I would dearly love to be able to come up with a solution that is good for him and means I can keep him.

He loves the MH so much, whenever we go out the front or are going out in the car he always dashes to the motorhome door

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
sorry to hear about your mum , especially as she missed her christmas trip to spain
my daughter was also stuck in the uk due to the weather

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
could work out expensive but are there any dog sitters in your area.

they dont have to come to your home...you go to them in theirs.

google dog/pet sitting services

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh Gary. I got all upset reading your post. I so wish you were closer.... I would offer to have him for two days a weeks and I am sure between neighbours and friends could arrange cover...... please try and think if there is any other way. You will both miss each other so much ..... but I know it isn't always possible.

If you have a back garden and a shed you could make into a large weatherproofed 'house' for in the day, is it possible to leave him there. .... to chase the birds in the day in the garden.... I know it isn't ideal but I bet any money when you come home he will still be wagging his tail for England and be so pleased to see you.

Whatever you decide, my thoughts are with you. Please keep us informed.:cry:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992

Have pm'd you.
Dave:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
A lady near me has a dog of her own and a couple of people drop off the dogs on the way to work she loves animals and has them in her own house like a crèche takes them walks and treats them like hers she is retired and maybe you could find someone like her near you?I cannot imagine the upset of having to give up your dog perhaps you could find an alternative I do hope so

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back