You Don't Need a Fortune to go Motorhoming (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Ok, it wouldn't suit everyone but if you are not in a hurry and you are on a bit of a budget and really appreciate simple living here is a way to go motorhoming...

No tax disc, no insurance, no mot and not allowed on motorways but Romeo has travelled down from Germany to Pego do Altar in Portugal and is currently planning a trip to Romania...

JJ

Attachments

• Romeo at Pego.jpg
    Romeo at Pego.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 225
  • Romeo at Pego 2.jpg
    Romeo at Pego 2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 232
  • Romeo from Germany at 6 kph.jpg
    Romeo from Germany at 6 kph.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 222

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
That reminds me of a film (based on facts !) about a guy in America who drove a vast distance on a ride on mower towing a home made trailer cum shelter to visit his dying brother ! A real tear jerker of a film !....:cry: :cry: :cry:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Eeek:Crumbs Salopian. I was feeling quite happy a minute ago.....:cry::cry::cry::cry: Wanna join me for a cuppa?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
these outfits have been around for at least 30 years , a lot of them used ex railway trailers

I remember meeting someone in maroc about 25 years ago who had fitted balconies on both ends ; his only problem had been the ferry ....they demanded some crazy price to cross [ much bigger trailer] ] so he spent 2 weeks outside the ferry office at algeciras until they relented and let him travel as a car/caravan

btw ...red diesel !

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Superb!!! I love stuff like this. Reminds me of my Glastonbury days as a youngster.

Id love to see him try and take it onto a CC or C&CC site, that would be fun to watch the wardens faces and the campers in their pristine MH and Caravans running to gather up their children.

Excellent!

adenough

Free Member
Sep 12, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
Excellent. Now there is a guy who must have a story to tell. Any more info, pictures? Imagine the french/spanish police trying to stop him and issue a fine for, what? They wouldn't bother would they. Find an EU regulation for that. hah.

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
That reminds me of a film (based on facts !) about a guy in America who drove a vast distance on a ride on mower towing a home made trailer cum shelter to visit his dying brother ! A real tear jerker of a film !....:cry: :cry: :cry:

watched it last week, the film was as slow as the trip

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
It might look like a chicken shed on wheels but I note that it`s got a satellite dish on the roof and probably a 42" plasma inside.

:ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Saw one very similar in Sete a few years ago, thought it was him at first, then remembered the one in Sete was Swiss.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hope someone can download the picture on this one for me

Here is the ebay link

Link Removed

nearly fell through the floor laughing when I logged in today and saw it went for over ÂŁ3k

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Romeo

:Smile:Seen Romeo just three weeks ago at Peco. He's got it right!
Years ago when we showed our old stationary engine at steam fairs around the UK there was a Dutchman who always came over to England every summer. He used a tractor to tow his caravan and he visited most of the Steam Fairs in the 80's. Anyone remember him? Can't remember his name.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Ok, it wouldn't suit everyone but if you are not in a hurry and you are on a bit of a budget and really appreciate simple living here is a way to go motorhoming...

No tax disc, no insurance, no mot and not allowed on motorways but Romeo has travelled down from Germany to Pego do Altar in Portugal and is currently planning a trip to Romania...

JJ
Brilliant. :thumb:
It's characters like this which make the world that bit more interesting.

You are right about 'it wouldn't suit everyone'......but I wonder why it is I get this feeling there are many people who secretly admire what this guy is doing?

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Superb!!! I love stuff like this. Reminds me of my Glastonbury days as a youngster.

Id love to see him try and take it onto a CC or C&CC site, that would be fun to watch the wardens faces and the campers in their pristine MH and Caravans running to gather up their children.

Excellent!
Too right!!! :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto: :thumb:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Brilliant. :thumb:
It's characters like this which make the world that bit more interesting.

You are right about 'it wouldn't suit everyone'......but I wonder why it is I get this feeling there are many people who secretly admire what this guy is doing?

ME for one!

I would go full timing right now in a converted milk float if I could persuade my house loving wife to make the leap!

Ive conned her into a one month trip in April. Im not coming back!!! If only!:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back