Timberland Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

A

avalore

Deleted User
Hi,
I've been looking at Timberland Motorhomes (Timberland Motorhomes - Home) and they seem to have some nice vans there as well as a lot of used stock but i've never really heard anything about them.

Whats their reputation like? Standard of work?

Does anyone have any good or bad stories to share with me?

Its obviously a big purchase and I need to be sure I'm going with the right people.

Thanks

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have looked all over them at shows and have been quite impressed by the design and the build quality. Never owned one though so I have no idea if they are as good as they look.

EDIT>>>>. Oh and welcome to the Fun :thumb:

motoroamin

Free Member
Aug 12, 2007
North Notts
Funster No
MH
As available
Exp
Involved with Caravans and Motorhomes over 15 years
Timberland have been around for a while now and have gradually increased their brand portfolio as dealers as well as manufacturers. Their production capacity is on the increase to cope with demand, so they must be doing something right.

Generally speaking, Timberland motorhomes offer a high standard of fixtures and fittings and if buying new, a long options list. On the Used side, you will often find alot of extras already fitted, as original buyers will not have been at the 'budget' end of the market.

For other contenders, you could also consider Torbay, Murvi and IH. There is further info on the current Timberland Destiny, Torbay New Yorker and Murvi Morello on Link Removed.

Hope that helps,
Chris.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

You don't say where you are but I have a nice selection of new and pre-owned vans in stock. PVC's, Coachbuilt and A class.

If there are any of interest on my website. let me know:thumb:

Peter

Mar 24, 2010
Funster No
beware Timberland offer the world to get the sale but no not deliver the goods.
they impose inlegal cleaning charges, ask you to get warrenty work done at your cost , then state you own them for the cleaning in order to offset it agaist the cleaning bill. they are unable to complete the warrenty work to a good standard.
they do not return calls, and when Simon or Lee do speak to you they state they work will be done, but talk is cheap!!!
i would not buy any motorhome from them,they are the standard as brownhills motorhomes

Perhaps your motorhome was in such a bad condition that they had to valet it a few times before it was fit for sale?

Mar 24, 2010
Funster No
after buy a motorhome l would never buy another from them, there is no after service, they put charges for cleaning which is not in the small print!!!
they never return your phone call, but will offer you the earth to get the sale!!!
i hear from Kevin (the owner) they may be going bust so beware

I'm new to motoerhome fun but I think dymond is abusing the system. If he has a problem he ought to take it up with the retailer rather than slag them off here!

Perhaps his attitude is the root source of the problem?

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I'm new to motoerhome fun but I think dymond is abusing the system. If he has a problem he ought to take it up with the retailer rather than slag them off here!

I think you are being a little disingenuous.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any member stating on this forum, that he has had poor service from any manufacturer or re-seller.

Surely the point of a forum such as this, is that a member is able to pass on his experience, good or otherwise regarding his dealings with a company? Indeed, it's a good thing, allowing other members to make a decision based on other peoples experience.

As long as the poster is objective, these posts can be extremely helpful.

I'm sure, indeed certain, that before a post such as this is made, that the pertinent matter has already been taken up with company, probably at some length before a complaint is aired here.

One must also remember that the company, in this case Timberland, has a right of reply on this forum, and it is certainly the case, that companies have done so in the past.

Posts such as this perform a valuable service to motorhome owners, in that companies reading complaints here will almost certainly address any valid causes for complaints that customers may have.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Dymond, you have made five posts here, each one of those slandering a company that you are in conflict with. If you must slander companies please use your own website and not this one, Comments you made like "I hear from Kevin (the owner) they may be going bust so beware" show you to be very naive of this countries libel laws- Link Removed

Please do make as many more posts as you like here as long as none of them are about Timberland Motorhomes or you will be banned. PM sent. Thanks

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Dymond may well have a axe to grind, but after reading other forums there are a lot of other m/h ers who agree with him :thumb: May I add nothing to do with me :ROFLMAO: IMO They are well put together and look very nice but they charge a premium price :Eeek: (top end ) IH m/h are very similar but charge a bit less but do not get the bad after sales feedback.Personally I do not see where the extra 10k plus is warranted over other panel van makers supplying similar spec vans. A bit of leather on the seat edges does not cost 10k :ROFLMAO: If they cannot look after there customers then look elsewhere.
terry
edit may I add I have only looked at them (very nice ) never owned one

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think you are being a little disingenuous.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any member stating on this forum, that he has had poor service from any manufacturer or re-seller.

Sorry I disagree,

Spreading unsubstantiated rumours about a company going bust is against this forums rules. The point of this forum is absolutely NOT to review companies. The review section is the place for this. Link Removed

Thanks

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi,
I've been looking at Timberland Motorhomes (Timberland Motorhomes - Home) and they seem to have some nice vans there as well as a lot of used stock but i've never really heard anything about them.

Whats their reputation like? Standard of work?

Does anyone have any good or bad stories to share with me?

Its obviously a big purchase and I need to be sure I'm going with the right people.

Thanks

Here is a review from Don, a very experienced traveller and travel writer, A member on here, user name Don Madge,

Link Removed

hope that's helpful..

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Sorry I disagree,

Spreading unsubstantiated rumours about a company going bust is against this forums rules. The point of this forum is absolutely NOT to review companies. The review section is the place for this. Link Removed

Thanks

Hello Jim,

I wasn't supporting the spreading of unsubstantiated rumors, nor was I supporting the OP's post about Timberland.

I was disagreeing with the poster who implied that the posting of experiences of poor customer service should not be allowed, either here, or on other sub-forums.

I agree absolutely with your comment regarding libellous statements, and would never support them. Posting comments about poor customer service from a dealer or service agent is, I believe a completely different matter - indeed, it has been going on here in Motorhome Fun for a long time.

TimberlandMotorhomes

Trader-Motorhome Manufacturer
Mar 24, 2010
Kirmington, Lincs
Funster No
MH
All
Exp
Since 1999
At Timberland Motorhomes we know we’re not perfect – no one is, and it hurts us on the rare occasion when we do let someone down.

But as a growing and responsible company we’ve taken steps to address things and put procedures and extra staff in place to ensure our customers receive the best-possible service.

So we were most surprised to read the comments from Dymond (Mr Chris Thompson ) on motorhomefun.co.uk, complaining about the fact he’d been charged by us for cleaning his Burstner Argos which was brought in as a part-exchange for another vehicle.

In 10 years of trading Timberland Motorhomes has never charged a customer in this way. This was the first occasion.

What Dymond/Mr Thompson fails to mention is the condition in which his vehicle was delivered to us – a £60,000 vehicle just 18 months old (£73,000 new today).

Kim and Aggie from TV’s How clean is your house? would have been disgusted.

To put matters into perspective, Dymond/Mr Thompson’s motorhome had been treated as a mobile dog kennel.

But he failed to mention this in his posts.

It actually took us four whole days to clean, and readers will appreciate this when considering the following points:

· Dog hairs covered the upholstery
· Dog hairs littered the beds including the overcab bunk area
· The overcab bunk area was littered with dog biscuit crumbs where they had been fed
· Dog hairs littered the shower cubicle where old toiletries had been left
· Dirty socks had been left in the wardrobe
· Dried food spillages were found in the fridge – we believe it may have been onion and mince but this was concealed by the germ growth cultures
· It looked as though someone had been sick in the cutlery drawer
· Used teabags were found in a cupboard where they had been thrown
· It appeared the cooker had not been cleaned since the motorhome was purchased new
· It appeared the motorhome throughout had not been cleaned since day one

Need we say more?

The Timberland team are sure our customers will understand from the above why we had to charge for cleaning Dymond/Mr Thompson’s motorhome.

In fact the condition of the Burstner Argos suggests Dymond and his wife apply the same standards of cleanliness to themselves and also to their own home – if they have one.

What would Kim and Aggie really think? Not a lot!

Please look at the attached photographs.

Attachments

• 26012010001.jpg
    26012010001.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 26012010004.jpg
    26012010004.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 26012010005.jpg
    26012010005.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 26012010006.jpg
    26012010006.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 26012010011.jpg
    26012010011.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 98

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
As I said in my post - the dealer has the right of reply - and has done so on this occasion to devastating effect!!

Well done Timberland.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Well done Timberland :thumb::thumb:

Just goes to show about the 2 sides to every story doesnt it.

Timberland deserve a pat on the back for not only responding in a clear and concise way but for doing so in a timely and professional manner.

Take note other manufacturers, you dont need to be silent when people are slagging off your business, stand up and be counted :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hello Jim,

I was disagreeing with the poster who implied that the posting of experiences of poor customer service should not be allowed, either here, or on other sub-forums.

indeed, it has been going on here in Motorhome Fun for a long time.

That is why there was an addition to the rules this January. This is not the place for reporting bad service. It would be nice, but the system is open to abuse. This is a free forum, people can join anonymously (many times) and with no payment trail they could be anyone. They can then post malicious reports on a competitor or a dealer they have an issue with leaving me to deal the aftermath. THIS HAS HAPPENED, I do not want it happening again.

Please do not post poor customer experiences on the forum, and if you see it, please report it. Thanks

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
That is why there was an addition to the rules this January. This is not the place for reporting bad service. It would be nice, but the system is open to abuse. This is a free forum, people can join anonymously (many times) and with no payment trail they could be anyone. They can then post malicious reports on a competitor or a dealer they have an issue with leaving me to deal the aftermath. THIS HAS HAPPENED, I do not want it happening again.

Please do not post poor customer experiences on the forum, and if you see it, please report it. Thanks

Sorry Jim,

I seem to have transgressed. I do remember when I joined that there were quite a few posts that reported poor service. It's obviously my fault that I didn't read your addition to the rules. I apologise for breaching the rules.

I'm delighted however, that Timberland were able to make such an excellent response. The post is an absolute treasure!!

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Timberland thank you for a very informative response having visited your stand at shows and seen first hand the enthusiasm of your customers showing people around your vans I will draw my own conclusions on your company as I am sure anyone who is spending money will do,my experience was a positive one:thumb:

TimberlandMotorhomes

Trader-Motorhome Manufacturer
Mar 24, 2010
Kirmington, Lincs
Funster No
MH
All
Exp
Since 1999
And as an afterthought, we at Timberland Motorhomes are not anti-dog.

Many of our staff own dogs and dogs are always welcome in our waiting room at Kirmington with their owners.

Kind regards,

The Timberland Team

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well said Timberland and may I also say welcome :thumb:perhaps next time instead of charging for CLEANING A M/H YOU SHOULD REFLECT IT IN THE TRADE IN PRICE :ROFLMAO:
terry

motoroamin

Free Member
Aug 12, 2007
North Notts
Funster No
MH
As available
Exp
Involved with Caravans and Motorhomes over 15 years
Very often the deal is done 'on trust' based on the customer's description to the dealer. Many people do not have their motorhome with them when they do a deal. And, if it is appraised early, it will still need to be appraised again on arrival at the dealership.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back