Dissatisfied Marquis Customer (1 Viewer)

John c

Free Member
Mar 4, 2010
Funster No
I have just found this on "This Is Gloucestershire" website.

Link Removed

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Well the lady is obviousley upset, however, there are two sides to every story and there are some elements of this story that dont sound right.

I havent dealt with Marquis but Ive never heard a word said against them.

This is a story about an aggrieved person talking to a newspaper reporter who doesnt know one end of a mh from the other but has to write a story a day.

There's more than meets the eye on this one, me thinks.

Jim
:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Jim

Including leaving helping terminally ill people in UK to help stray dogs in Greece. Her choice of course but what does this say about her ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Well the lady is obviousley upset, however, there are two sides to every story and there are some elements of this story that dont sound right.

I havent dealt with Marquis but Ive never heard a word said against them.

This is a story about an aggrieved person talking to a newspaper reporter who doesnt know one end of a mh from the other but has to write a story a day.

Jim

Must say I do tend to agree.

I have dealt with Marquis in the past, and must admit they have seemed reasonable and have dealt with me very well. I must admit though they are not the company they used to be since being brought out some years ago buy the SEA group. Prior to this they were a smaller privately owned company, and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Since then I have not dealt with them as I think you get better service from a smaller company.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Have we no stray dogs in the UK?
"Helen, who has three Greek rescue dogs and was to take a new blind dog under her wing"
As if we hadn't enough she has to bring more in.
Strange woman.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi John, welcome to the Fun, I normally delete the post of new users that use their first post to talk down a company. Even though I question your motives I will let your post stay as it is only a link. Most peoples first post is made in the "introduce yourself", why not make a post there. :Smile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Blimey, was she in the supermarket yesterday?

6 years down the track, she will be back in the UK living off us all!:Angry:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I know from dealing with marquis - or at least our local one- that they show you around during handover and check every mark. They fill the tanks, show you how everything works, gas/oven/heater and all make sure it is operating correctly.

Bearing in mind that she bought in september - it may be possible that the tank was left full, or part full from either demo or even her first trial trip - with the recent snow we have had, which gloucester had quite a spell, it isn't impossible to say that this may have caused it coupled with inexperience (not winterising)

Even i cracked a sink before, by pulling my shaving cream in the medicine cupboard, opened on arrival and it fell in the sink - did not notice the crack for a few days! It is of course possible that marquis may have missed the crack, who knows!

Bathroom door locks always get abuse when they are not used correctly, can't see how they would miss that on handover!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Have we no stray dogs in the UK?
"Helen, who has three Greek rescue dogs and was to take a new blind dog under her wing"
As if we hadn't enough she has to bring more in.
Strange woman.

just an excuse to go live in Greece....nothing more, nothing less. :Angry:

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
I know nothing of this dealer, but I do have to say the lady went to the papers after accepting the money to buy back the motor home, as the company says the matter is settled, perhaps she should of gone to the news paper first, jmho as already stated we don't have the full story.

Nick

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We bought our Buccaneer Commodore from Marquis in Preston, Lancs in December and, purely based on our experience, I would recommend them to anyone. The MH was positively sparkling by the time we got it and the only thing which doesn't work is the fan on the heater. Andy of Marquis went through absolutely everything with us (apart from the fan it seems) but I have no complaints whatsoever.

Ivy

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I used to work for them doing the handovers etc. From my experience of the staff there they would have gone the extra mile to make sure the customer was satisfied. I can remember complaints in the past which were completely unfounded. As some else has said there are always two sides to a story and we have only heard one of them.

R

reader

Deleted User
I must admit, we had a similar experience with Preston to Loujess, think our man was Andy.
They phoned us when the van was delivered to look at prior to them fitting extras, When the van was ready there was a good hand over by Andy? which impressed me as at the time as it was a new model that hadnt sold many (and never did!) so he had taken the trouble to look over it.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
And we have nothing but good to say about Marquis at Billing Aquadrome.

Even the coffee is exceptionally good!!!!

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I don't understand why you would want to post this. If you have a personal grievance against this company lets hear it. To post a third party grievance, valid or not just doesn't make sense.

Pete:Cool:

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
I don't understand why you would want to post this. If you have a personal grievance against this company lets hear it. To post a third party grievance, valid or not just doesn't make sense.

S**t stirring of the highest order, I suspect. Just cast a line & see who bites!!

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

Because, throw enough mud and some will stick !!!

Jim

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
I used to work for them doing the handovers etc. From my experience of the staff there they would have gone the extra mile to make sure the customer was satisfied. I can remember complaints in the past which were completely unfounded. As some else has said there are always two sides to a story and we have only heard one of them.

Hi Jon, newbie nannyjan from gloucestershire. Just going through forum and saw you are from Gloucestershire, are you anywhere need Forest of Dean?

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I bought my first motorhome from Marquis of Southampton. The van had not been touched since it had been moved off the display area. None of the niggles had been seen to and all promises to replace missing parts were broken.
They lied to me, blatantly. The repair to a leaking window was to paint the surround which peeled off within a fortnight.

They said they could not get a replacement worktop as Autosleeper had stopped making them. I visited Autosleeper at Willersley and a replacement was fitted two weeks later.

I have never and would never deal with Marquis again.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
This ties in nicley with another thread on the go at this very moment regarding paying the full amount for your mh prior to handover.

Did you pay the full amount to them prior to a final inspection by yourself ?

Jim

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
This ties in nicley with another thread on the go at this very moment regarding paying the full amount for your mh prior to handover.

Did you pay the full amount to them prior to a final inspection by yourself ?

Jim

yes mine is the thread still going and its the same dealer, would be interested in the way this goes
Tricia

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Hi Jon, newbie nannyjan from gloucestershire. Just going through forum and saw you are from Gloucestershire, are you anywhere need Forest of Dean?

Sorry, the other end of Gloucestershire, only a mile from the Worcestershire border in Tewkesbury.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back