avtex 19" tv (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Just looking through the spec on our Avtex 19" tv, they reckon the max power consumption running on 12v is 2.8 amps.
Sounds a tad frugal to me anyone know anything different.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I think that is about right. It takes the same power as two of my lights on. (Amazed me that did)

So we dont have any lights on when we watch TV off hookup:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sonja

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
power it up with an ammeter in line and see if it is,

my 15 inch lcd tv which is a good 10 years old pulls about 3 amps, so allowing to technology advances, yours sounds about right,

it's the ccfl backlights that pull the power, tho they are a lot more power efficiant than normal flourescents (i use some to light my van) led's are by far the best for power, but led backlit tv's are still pretty new and hence command a premium,

then you have the new Oled tv's, no backlight needed at all as they use tiny 3 colour led's for the pixels, but it'll be a few years before they come down the the prices most people want to pay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi
2.8 amps is a bit bigger than you would think but no its correct and its because it an LCD screen which dont use as much as the old CRT tubes.

Dont forget its a max value and not the norm and will of course be more if your watching a DVD as you have th power that as well.

phill

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Just looking through the spec on our Avtex 19" tv, they reckon the max power consumption running on 12v is 2.8 amps.
Sounds a tad frugal to me anyone know anything different.

Is it the Avtex 19inch 193dr model....if so thats what it says on my spec.....lovely tv

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Is it the Avtex 19inch 193dr model....if so thats what it says on my spec.....lovely tv

Yes that the one, Chris bought it at the motorhome show in Brum, well we had been in the show a good 15mins. She likes her tele does Chris. :whatthe:
We just now need to sort out a suitable aerial. thinking of a sat system.

Actually it is a nice peice of kit with a few nice little touches, I like it that you can take some photos and then watch them on the tele via the card reader. :thumb:

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I was thinking of getting a 19" Avtex TV, I was wondering about the power consumption of a one Vs an 15" LCD as well. But the figures above seem very good to me.

Has anyone used the record function on there TV yet? and was it any good?

Rich...

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I was thinking of getting a 19" Avtex TV, I was wondering about the power consumption of a one Vs an 15" LCD as well. But the figures above seem very good to me.

Has anyone used the record function on there TV yet? and was it any good?

Rich...

Hi Rich Wrong make! LOL the Alden records and has the very low power consumption

Eddie

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
thinking of a sat system.

Motorhome satalite system Have a look at this one

Via a signal to the radio in the cab you can listen to radio programs from the cab/hab speakers:thumb:...Dave

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Rich Wrong make! LOL the Alden records and has the very low power consumption

Eddie

Hi Eddie

The Avtex TV's now record AFAIK, I think that is what the "R" in the model number is W193DR?

Also I want a 19" as I already have a 15" TV supplied with the van, the Alden is only 16" and the Avtex is a bit cheaper.

colyoung

Free Member
Oct 26, 2007
Hull
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
7 Years
When you record to USB on these new Avtex sets,does the TV have to be actually turned on,or does it record in stand by mode?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back