TV Reception in France (1 Viewer)

alan.watson

Free Member
Sep 21, 2009
Funster No
Have a great setup for TV in our Van - Avtex Freeview TV with Vision Plus Manual Directional Aerial on the Roof. 95% of time get great reception around the UK - although of course have to retune TV wherever we are.

Will I be able to use this setup in France - and will I get any "English Speaking" stations ? Going to Brittany, Normany and down West Coast of France.

May sound a dumb question - but as I don't have and can't afford a satellite system - want to know whether what we have will give us any TV at all ?

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Have a great setup for TV in our Van - Avtex Freeview TV with Vision Plus Manual Directional Aerial on the Roof. 95% of time get great reception around the UK - although of course have to retune TV wherever we are.

Will I be able to use this setup in France - and will I get any "English Speaking" stations ? Going to Brittany, Normany and down West Coast of France.

May sound a dumb question - but as I don't have and can't afford a satellite system - want to know whether what we have will give us any TV at all ?

you can get a satellite system for £50

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
For that area of france the maplin suitcase sat system is ok. you do need to practice finding the right satelite though, but easy and quick once you have sussed it.
I use an old sky dish on a tripod with a maplins receiver box

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
No English channels I'm afraid .. plenty of French .

You might be lucky and get Allo Allo dubbed into French :roflmto:

A cheapo sat dish is the answer

Jim

Somebody was one here about 2 weeks ago and said they can get free view over here in France?????? and I not sure but I also think SINBAD1 on here says his daughter at Chateau Gontier...and that's Normandy / Brittany area........(unless they are talking freestat),,,,what is "Avtex "....Freeview is that just the receiver or a different television channel package.

Mel :thumb:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
france is a long way behind on changing to digital terrestrial TV , but is available in the main areas of population ...it's called TNT here btw
as you have a TV that gets this system you may be in luck , as by EU law all countries have adopted the same system
for the old system you need a TV that receives PAL

no programs in english normally , but plenty in french !doubt you will be in range of uk transmissions though

in case you are interested ..Transmissions Numerique Terrestrial

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Jim

Somebody was one here about 2 weeks ago and said they can get free view over here in France?????? and I not sure but I also think SINBAD1 on here says his daughter at Chateau Gontier...and that's Normandy / Brittany area........(unless they are talking freestat),,,,what is "Avtex "....Freeview is that just the receiver or a different television channel package.

No I don't mean the french TNT....no I mean the english freeview in English !!??? me I am not sure it is possible .......but HEY:Eeek:

Mel

gogocrosby

Free Member
Apr 2, 2009
Morpeth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
12 years
With a very ,very good aerial and if you lean out of the window at Cap Gris Nez you might, just might get a signal. Many people in the UK experience problems receiving digital so it is unlikely that you will receive any in France.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Jim

Just a up date I have been chatting with Roy Sinbad1...it was freesat....not free view his daughter is using

Mel:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
With a very ,very good aerial and if you lean out of the window at Cap Gris Nez you might, just might get a signal. Many people in the UK experience problems receiving digital so it is unlikely that you will receive any in France.

correct............ GoGocrosby

Mel:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back