Best places to stay in Cornwall for big(gish) RV? (1 Viewer)

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Hi there again friends at MHFun
Planning a couple of months in Cornwall in April/May/June and am looking for recommendations for the best (and friendliest) sites for a single guy and his lovely dog in a 29ft Sea Breeze.
Many thanks in advance
Jules ::bigsmile:

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi

We have stayed here and can recommend it. It is the home of Itchyfeet and if you need any thing for your RV they can help you. The pitches are designed for RVs and the people are friendly and helpful. :thumb:

http://www.carvynick.co.uk/

The restaurant on site is also very good.

Kevin and Tricia

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hi

We have stayed here and can recommend it. It is the home of Itchyfeet and if you need any thing for your RV they can help you. The pitches are designed for RVs and the people are friendly and helpful. :thumb:

http://www.carvynick.co.uk/

The restaurant on site is also very good.

Kevin and Tricia

No good dog walks around the site though, Also along way from the nearest beach if you have no transport.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Jules our RV is 32 ft and we stayed at Carlyon Bay Camping and Caravan Park, St Austell. Nice site lots of space 2 swimming pools, food on site half mile walk to beach . Bus stops close, 10 min bike ride to Eden project, bus ride to Lost Gardens of Heligan and St Austell.
Cheap stay if you buy camping cheques

Larry

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Try Lavender Fields Caravan Park near Hayle - not too cheap but lots of lovely dog walking space - 01209 832188

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
we go to Kernow every year and use the site at Presingoll barns in St Agnes. they have a couple of big hadrstanding pitches with plenty room to turn round. Its next to the pressingall barns outlet shop so ok for a gifty shopping trip and they have a restautant.

Its 10 mins walk into Aggy and he cliffs and coast path are there for the taking.

Take you binoculars.

Phill

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
St Agnes Beacon

Take you binoculars.

Phill

When we were wardens at St Agnes we used to tell all the members - "Take your binoculars on a cool frosty morning - go up the Beacon and look south toward St Ives.
Measures off two fingers width into the sky above St Ives, set your binoculars on 'infinity' and if it is a very special morning the next thing you will see will be 'America' :thumb: It has to be a very, very special morning, though :Eeek:

And - yes - we did have a few people try it - but I am still living so they must have seen the joke, in the end!

ScooterSam82

Free Member
May 24, 2008
Nottingham, Uk.
Funster No
MH
Broomstick
Exp
Hiya Julian & Shay! ::bigsmile: long time no see, lol

I'd just posted a message on here about 'cheaper ways of getting down to cornwall'
then saw your post! ::bigsmile: and went.. Hmmmm I wonder? :Blush: haha..

how are you guys :)

It's me Sam, formally of GazznSam.. but we split up last year. :Mellow:

I also have photos of Shay, that I took at the stratford motorhome show ages ago.. will have to dig them out for you ::bigsmile:

anyway about me wanting to find a cheaper way of getting to St Austell in Cornwall..

I'd like to go down to cornwall with my boyfriend Jason to see his family, who he hasnt seen in 3 years, for cheaper than £100+.

as its £138 each from Nottingham, via birmingham to St Austell, which is crazy really for a train. lol :Doh:

so I thought i'd ask you if we could hitch a lift with you if possible?, when you deside to goto cornwall, as your heading that way anyway, :Blush: ::bigsmile:

why I ask you, is that Getting from Nottingham to London isnt that bad, as the cheapest i've found for train travel is £14 for a single. then from london to cornwall is where it gets daft hence me wanting to find a better way of getting over there. lol :RollEyes:

I'll even throw in a big juicy bone for shay.. :thumb:

I hear It's nice in st austell, but i've no idea if theres any where for you to stay? :Doh: as i've never been there myself, lol

OP
OP
juliandavies

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Hiya Julian & Shay! ::bigsmile: long time no see, lol

I'd just posted a message on here about 'cheaper ways of getting down to cornwall'
then saw your post! ::bigsmile: and went.. Hmmmm I wonder? :Blush: haha..

how are you guys :)

It's me Sam, formally of GazznSam.. but we split up last year. :Mellow:

I also have photos of Shay, that I took at the stratford motorhome show ages ago.. will have to dig them out for you ::bigsmile:

anyway about me wanting to find a cheaper way of getting to St Austell in Cornwall..

I'd like to go down to cornwall with my boyfriend Jason to see his family, who he hasnt seen in 3 years, for cheaper than £100+.

as its £138 each from Nottingham, via birmingham to St Austell, which is crazy really for a train. lol :Doh:

so I thought i'd ask you if we could hitch a lift with you if possible?, when you deside to goto cornwall, as your heading that way anyway, :Blush: ::bigsmile:

why I ask you, is that Getting from Nottingham to London isnt that bad, as the cheapest i've found for train travel is £14 for a single. then from london to cornwall is where it gets daft hence me wanting to find a better way of getting over there. lol :RollEyes:

I'll even throw in a big juicy bone for shay.. :thumb:

I hear It's nice in st austell, but i've no idea if theres any where for you to stay? :Doh: as i've never been there myself, lol

hey sam - hope all is well
as you'll see from my other post I am in limbo at the moment awaiting repairs! I'll let you know when I finalise any plans
jules

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back