Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
hi we have a burstner argos 747 twin axle and there doesnt seem to be a spare wheel anywhere where can i get one from and does anyone know where you keep such a thing any help would be very grateful??:cry::cry:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I picked up a new spare for my 2008 Ducato for £30 on EBay - now I need to remember to get a tyre:RollEyes:.
I am going to make room in the "Garage" to carry the spare as there is no purpose built carrier on my Motorhome :Sad:

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
Hi and welcome,

just googled your model as I'm not familiar with it and I would imagine you would carry it in the Garage. In fact I would have expected to find one there.

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hello and welcome::bigsmile:
spare wheels can be picked up from most breakers yards that deal with vans
i have also seen that www.tyresave.co.uk also have used steel wheel rims.
enjoy the fun
andy:thumb:

Upvote 0

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
Yes you are quite right, I don't know why I think its purely cost saving on the manufacturer's part,. good for them not good for us. I personally wouldn`t buy a vehicle with no spare as i have said before a puncture on a motor home usually wrecks the tyre so the fix and go kit supplied would in my opinion be a waste of time.

So before buying your new motor home use the motto (no spare wheel I won`t deal ) I bet you will have no problem getting one supplied then.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mr bond

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
Yes you are quite right, I don't know why I think its purely cost saving on the manufacturer's part,. good for them not good for us. I personally wouldn`t buy a vehicle with no spare as i have said before a puncture on a motor home usually wrecks the tyre so the fix and go kit supplied would in my opinion be a waste of time.

So before buying your new motor home use the motto (no spare wheel I won`t deal ) I bet you will have no problem getting one supplied then.

private sle already bought it do you know ehere i can get one:cry::cry:

Upvote 0

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
Sorry, you could try getting in touch with one of those web sites that sell alloy wheels for vans /motor homes.They might be able to put you on to someone who has changed their wheels for alloys you could offer to buy a steel rim of them and then get a tyre fitted .

Upvote 0

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
I see people quote " I would not travel without a spare Wheel " once you have a puncture / blowout you no longer have a spare wheel because it will be in use if you get my drift . Our Airstream 680FB has not got a spare wheel only the pump and gunge contraption so I have invested in a spare tyre wrapped up and stowed under the chasis so in the event of a blowout at least I have a replacement tyre to replace the wrecked one and the pump contraption if only a puncture :thumb:

Upvote 0

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Its another cost saving and weight saving excersize i,m afriad> even some cars have a little dustbin lid spare wheel to get you home.

Last yearv on the way to norfolk I had a blow out and there was a 4in rip in the tyre and the gunge method would have been no good. this then involves calling out the AA or whatever who then take you to a tyre place if theres on open and you pay premium rates to get it fixed.

Have a look under the rear of the van in case its there dellwood.

If not get a spare and stow it in the garage.

My next tip is make sure you have all the tools to replace it if you need to. You will be surprised at what the chassis makers expect you to jack a 3.5 tonne (or bigger) motorhome with. My new scissor jack creaks and groans like an old man when i try to jack the van up. Tip if the tyre does need changing drive it up a ramp if you cant get access under the chassis and make sure you have all the tools needed to change a tyre. My van is an 09 place but i need a 14mm socket to undoe the bolts to lowetr the cage down to get at mu spare. so again test out changing a tyre in the compfort of your drive if you can even if you dont actually take a wheel off. This is what i did to find out i need the 14mm socket - good job i carry tools. its a good idea to keep a seperatekit of tools just for whell and tyre changing so you can get at them quickly. In my boxer theres a nice tray under the pass seat

Phill

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back