Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
hi everyone if anyone is looking for a 2000w honda generator ive found the cheapest place cost co im sure you all have one near to where you live £799.99 +vat:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

lino

Free Member
Mar 21, 2010
Southampton
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Website is www.costco.co.uk but they do not quote prices on the site. You have to be a member to shop in Costco warehouses and membership costs about £30 p.a. but prices are very good and we saved our membership cost in the first couple of visits. They also do very good deals on Michelin tyres.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Website is www.costco.co.uk but they do not quote prices on the site. You have to be a member to shop in Costco warehouses and membership costs about £30 p.a. but prices are very good and we saved our membership cost in the first couple of visits. They also do very good deals on Michelin tyres.

yep!! thats the site i was on but still couldnt see any honda gennies, only a honeywell 1kva.

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
hi everyone if anyone is looking for a 2000w honda generator ive found the cheapest place cost co im sure you all have one near to where you live £799.99 +vat:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Is it that cheap at £940 inc VAT, Planet do a 2800 watt at £685 and a 2000 watt at £585 delivered

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Lord 'o' marcy, thank the wee man that my kipper is stil goin strong.

The one upmanship is wearing a wee bit thin now surely!!!:Sad:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Lord 'o' marcy, thank the wee man that my kipper is stil goin strong.

The one upmanship is wearing a wee bit thin now surely!!!:Sad:

agreed...my 'kipper' is doing just fine and the money saved over a Honda paid for my maxview crankup dish.

bit like fishing rods and golf bats innit..pay a fortune or buy from aldi...they all do the same job in the end.:thumb:

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
Of course if it doesn't need to be too quite you could have a New 6KW Dual Voltage Marksman for £360 currently on eBay item number 250567185555.

Brian

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry for the confusion everyone if you ring the cardiff store where i bought one from today then they prob will be able to tell you where and what store you can get one:thumb::thumb:

A useful thread but Just 2 problems though....my nearest store is leeds, 64 miles away, and as Lino posted below.....

too tight to pay a store for the priviledge of shopping with them....i'm from yorkshire remember :Blush:

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Costco actually are not that cheap in many areas, used to be good as you could take anything back without a quibble no matter how old.

Changed policy now, very strict on returns, at one time you could take a TV or a rusty washing machine back after 3 years and just say you didn't like and get your moeny back, not any more.

Makro are even worse, their returns policy is crap.

Peter

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mr bond

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
A useful thread but Just 2 problems though....my nearest store is leeds, 64 miles away, and as Lino posted below.....

too tight to pay a store for the priviledge of shopping with them....i'm from yorkshire remember :Blush:

Costco actually are not that cheap in many areas, used to be good as you could take anything back without a quibble no matter how old.

Changed policy now, very strict on returns, at one time you could take a TV or a rusty washing machine back after 3 years and just say you didn't like and get your moeny back, not any more.

Makro are even worse, their returns policy is crap.

Peter

im not being funny but what have you been smoking why would anyone try and take something back you have had for over 2 years costco is great ive never had any problems with them just face it those genies your selling might as well take them back honda are the best you only get what you pay for:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mr bond

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
I suppose I could get on my superior 'horse' and say that your Burstner is cheap and nasty, unlike my one, because mine is a Merc, not a FIAT.

But I won't. :winky:
yeah yeah im just getting my point across about generators and i think for what it is it is cheap the price i mean::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
costco

We went to Dixons to buy a 52" Samsung plasma tele, £1900, 28 day delivery, maybe and 12 months warranty.
Costco same tele £1135. took it straight home with a 5 year warranty.

Honda 2ecu genny £790 something think you might have to add VAT to that.

Costco food, ie meat just amazing quality, they have certainly left Macro and Bookers behind.

We did cheat though bought a Kipor genny and painted it red, with ear plugs in you can`t tell it from a honda...:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Honda's are definitely a lot quieter than Kippors .We've tried both.
We hardly used our 6 month old Honda EU 20i which would run everything you may need ( girls ) microwave , hair dryer , GHD's, :winky: as well as the usual charging up stuff . Fantastic piece of kit . The best , I'm told .
But as we didn't use it enough , we are selling it , its as new, mint ,4 1/2 year warranty etc see advert in classifieds.

( Come on you know you want one.. loads of people have looked at it . Grab your self a bargain . Its going on Ebay next week , we thought we'd give you funsters a chance first , so get your hand in your pocket :ROFLMAO: We may take a very near offer. Seeing as though your fellow funsters)
Phone Ralph for more details , come and have a look or a listen::bigsmile:

We bought a kippor to replace it , and soon got rid of it.:Doh:
Granted it was a lot cheaper , and smaller , but i never liked to put the Honda on unless it was really necessary, didn't want to spoil the peace and quiet for anyone else nearby.
We switched the kippor on , in the back garden . What a racket. Never even made it to a rally !! Soon got rid of it.
Now we've got the smaller Honda, which suits us more for little use. The odd battery charge , travel hair dryer etc.
Bev

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Given the closest one to me is about 80 miles away methinks it would not be much of a saving to get our shopping there :roflmto:

Upvote 0

blacksheep

Free Member
Mar 19, 2010
buxton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 years
try ebay , you get a kipor 2000w for 500 , thats wot i call cheap , :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back