Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
My motorhome has a small "Cupboard" that I am reliably informed is for the TV. On other Motorhomes that I have looked at this area was fitted with a pull out bracket for the TV, but mine doesn't. Where can I obtain one of these ?

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Is it a flat screen TV or a CRT (big boxy!!) type you are wanting to fit??

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi try item no 230337584677 on ebay or type in lcd tv bracket :thumb:
terry

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Terry
Be carefull with the weight of some of these brackets. There are some that I wouldnt Like to screw to the van wall.

Mine has a slide out tray that the telly stands on so there's no wheight on the wall, the telly is able to be swiveled about so that it can be viewed from all areas in the van.

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Its the slide out tray type that I need :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
If it's like the Hymer cupboard ie only about 8" in height (more like a deep bread bin than a cupboard!) then it's worth giving Hymer UK in Preston a ring (the chaps in their parts dept are usually helpful ) as the right bracket is difficult to get hold of. The bracket is suspended off the top of the cupboard. They will also give advice about what adjustments may need to be made in order to fit anything of a decent size. They normally cut a section out of the cupboard but I chose to lengthen one of the bracket bars instead.
Cheers

T

The Meerkat

Deleted User
If its for an LCD, I bought a swing out bracket from this mob on E-Bay, no complaints on the price

Link Removed

:thumb:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Are you sure the cupboard you mention is the best place for the telly? Iv'e seen tellies in some vans fitted in the most awkward places and you would get a right crick in your neck trying to watch telly for any length of time,so I suggest you may want to look at other possible sites for your telly before getting the slide out.:Eeek::Eeek:

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
The position of the TV cupboard will make viewing possible from the lounge seats & from the bed, so it will be ideal.
I am getting a slide/swival unit from CAK Tanks :)
Yhanks for all of the help.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Are you sure the cupboard you mention is the best place for the telly? Iv'e seen tellies in some vans fitted in the most awkward places and you would get a right crick in your neck trying to watch telly for any length of time,so I suggest you may want to look at other possible sites for your telly before getting the slide out.:Eeek::Eeek:

got to agree with you.....

my first van, a CI Carioca 10, only had dinnete seating and where was the TV cupboard ?.......Yep!!! ...above the dinnete...:Doh::cry:.

i dont think the europeans hold inhouse entertainment in the same light i do.:Sad:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
try this Link Removed

rivermead

Free Member
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
My motorhome has a small "Cupboard" that I am reliably informed is for the TV. On other Motorhomes that I have looked at this area was fitted with a pull out bracket for the TV, but mine doesn't. Where can I obtain one of these ?
I also have cupboard as above and need to know where I can buy a pull out bracket for the tv

rivermead

Free Member
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
I also have cupboard as above and need to know where I can buy a pull out bracket for the tv

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

hi and welcome to the fun..

if you start a new thread in 'the u shaped lounge' you'll get more response to your request as not many folks answer to 1 year old threads.:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Our MH had one of the slide out brackets fitted to an upper locker . We decided that as wouldn't be watching the TV in bed , Luton , we could reposition it.
We also found the angle from the lounge was an awkward level, only really being able to watch comfortably from the L shape lounge seat and one end of the other bench sofa . As theres 5 of us, when we were watching anything , it was a fight for the best seat.
Ralph fixed the bracket to the underside of the Luton, central to the rear view mirror. Bolting it to an extra piece of wood for strength , under the mattress. It now drops down to a nice viewing position when watching , folding up out of the way , when not.
It can be watched ( DVDs) by the kids on the move , if its a long journey and its a lot better viewing position , for us , than the high up , to the right of the van , as it was. We still used the same Bracket . :thumb:
You cant watch TV from the front seats (swiveled round into the lounge ) but you couldn't in its original position either. You can still sit in them though.

Bev
HONDA generator for sale
see classified ads:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
hi and welcome to the fun..

if you start a new thread in 'the u shaped lounge' you'll get more response to your request as not many folks answer to 1 year old threads.:thumb:

OOOOOOOOps except me , who didnt notice !!:Doh:
Welcome to mhf anyway:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back