That Dreaded Mot Time (1 Viewer)

mickyb

Free Member
Mar 7, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Had our lovely 2003 Sundance 590RS nearly a year now after having a lot of problems from the dealer, we agreed the sale Feb 09 & finally picked it up May 09 hence its mot ran out at the begining of March, we have not used it since end of October when the tax expired. Went out there last weekend turned key, engine turned over once and fired into life, this week I fitted two new tyres to the rear as the old ones although tread like new had the date 32/00 stamped on them, Dealer put 2 new ones on the front last Year, anyhow two brand new avons fitted, luckily I work in a workshop for a large fleet company so i was able to buy the tyres through the company a fit them myself using their equiptment. Friday I checked all the lights were working & having booked the MOT for today Saturday 20th I drove the van the two miles to the test centre, as i have said earlier fixing vehicles is my trade & I take LGV vehicles for tests @ VOSA test centres, but I still get that pounding heart when taking my own vehicle!!! Anyhow after a very thorough going over & 55 mins later those magic words from the tester, Yup she's a good un, it's passed & not even any advisories. Just got to tax it now, change oil & filter & were back on the road for another season:thumb::thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You guys think you have it tough:RollEyes:
I test my own:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Doh:
Seriously, at least once a year(that we know about) Vosa will pay us a visit
and always ask two questions (the answer to which they already know)

1.Do you test your own vehicles?

2.Have you got one here today?

You have:thumb: great

Lets have it in then, and we will give it the once over for you

Now that my Friends is pumping heart and sweat syndrome:whatthe::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
Geo

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I would think if you test your own vehicle, then you are going to be even more cautious than you are with the public, :winky: as the the safety of your own family is involved.

Anything at all that closely resembles a fault, of any kind, you would have it fixed at any cost.

I would also.

Lesley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
mot

Only had our motorhome since last September so never been through the MOT thing, just how different is the MOT for a PLG vehicle from a normal car MOT if any ?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
MOT s are part of lifes rich tapestry. It would be monotonous if we didn't have these heart stopping moments every year :winky:

Mick H

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Near Leicester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30 yrs
Can't say that the MOT worries me, paying for it hurts though.

I always give it a check myself, so that it doesn't fail on silly/simple things, but it is good to have it checked over professionally. I want to know if there is anything that might potentially compromise our safety.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
....as i said earlier fixing vehicles is my trade & I take LGV vehicles for tests @ VOSA test centres, but I still get that pounding heart when taking my own vehicle!!!
Just be glad it's an MOT and not TUV, the German mot.

My lad is based in Germany and as he's taken his car there permanent now it had to meet the German test (only allowed three months on UK documents). Their test is so severe and stringent he reckons thousands of vehicles here wouldn't get through.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back