Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Can you tell me where I might get one of these from. I understand they are lighter and easier to store. I have looked on Amazon but the products there have bad customer reviews, saying that the hoses kink at lot and the plastic falls off and they are a waste of money. I can't believe they are all like that.

Ivy

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
They had them at Aldi on the Thursday offer (yesterday) - 15 metres. Cost £9.99. I'd been looking for one, so it was ideal. There should be some left if you go quickly. I can't show you the link on the website because it's been removed now to make way for next Thursday's offers.

NOT Food Quality, but the Reel feature should be useful.

"Rolls up flat for easier, space-efficient storage.
Length: 15m (50')
Quick connectors and adaptors for 3/4'', 1/2'' and 5/8'' threaded taps)
9 function spray gun
ABS reel (squeezes water residue out after use)"

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Can you tell me where I might get one of these from. I understand they are lighter and easier to store. I have looked on Amazon but the products there have bad customer reviews, saying that the hoses kink at lot and the plastic falls off and they are a waste of money. I can't believe they are all like that.

Ivy

Bought one at local B&Q in York...try the one in Leeds Ivy...great bit of kit..rolls up to nothing...Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

From what i have found there are apparently 2 types,

One that is flat when rolled and from personal experience can be a real pain as you need to unroll it completely before use and then carefully make sure all of the water is expelled before rolling it up or when rolling it up otherwise it doesn't fit back onto the roll, and this type have a habit of leaking along the folded edges of the hose after a while.

The second type which I haven't used, does appear to be a better choice in my opinion, its normally made up of several small tubes side by side forming what looks like a flat hose, this type of unit can be used without the need to unroll the whole thing and in my opinion looks like a better bet

Hope that helps.

gogocrosby

Free Member
Apr 2, 2009
Morpeth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
12 years
You have to take all the hose off the reel before you can use it and yes the ends do come away with use. Tried one but went back to my blue hose, about 7 or 8 metres, it has served us in most situations. We have a folding bucket for topping up.

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Hmnn...Quite a long time really...
Hi,
Well I've had 3 different makes of these hoses over the years and none has gone the distance.
I found they are very easy to snag and all of them eventually sprang multiple leaks.
Shame, as they are a good idea.
If you do find a good one, maybe you can write it up and let us all know.
I'm now using a 60ft garden hose reel and that lives in the basement of the truck. Use it a lot for topping up tanks and washing the vehicles.
T

Gordon McDonald

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
C-Class
Exp
Far too long to remember
I got mine from Riversway in Preston.

They've beed great so far...:Smile:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Unlike other flat hoses, The Magna Hose can be used on or off the built in reel

Link Removed

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Is there a UK distributer for the Magna Hose ? ::bigsmile:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I can't find one in the UK, but on searching I found some interesting links that may prove successful in finding a flat type hose that can be used on the roll, the problem is that the descriptions in the links are not that specific, albeit the link to how I found them was from a similar discussion on the dark side, so could be what we are looking for

http://www.bargains.uk.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/471

Link Removed

hope that helps

Is there a UK distributer for the Magna Hose ? ::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I brought one of the ALDI ones last year it was a B****R to rewind and split after a couple of uses.

Have now brought one of them multi tube ones that you can use rolled up, only needing to unroll the amount you need. Made from food grade materials and cost £16 at the Chepstow show a couple of weeks ago.

tan

Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
hose

netto have a 15 m lay flat hose on offer £7.99 not food quality and dont know how good but the price is good:thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We bought the same one that Johns Cross shows, paid £26 for the 20 mtr length, have to say it`s ok and works well the only problem is the reel keeps falling apart whilst rolling the hose back up.

Now I always try to fill up when no one is around, far too many people have stood and watched as I wrestle with 20mtrs of blue hose, the plastic reel in two peices rolling off in different directions, Tiggi jumping up and down thinking it`s a game and Chris sitting in the M/H taking photos through the window. :swear:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Lunarman

Do you have the details of the one you purchased as it may be worth doing a google to find out if they are for sale generally rather than having to wait for the next show.

Thanks

Have now brought one of them multi tube ones that you can use rolled up, only needing to unroll the amount you need. Made from food grade materials and cost £16 at the Chepstow show a couple of weeks ago.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi we bought one of these
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/SITV-Flat-Hose-Sprinkler-Nozzle/dp/B003B8NJ7E/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1269081320&sr=8-7#moreAboutThisProduct[/ame]

from bargains uk a couple of years ago (no longer stock them ) it is very easy to roll up being 3 separate hoses joined together ( winds up in seconds, no kinking ) not the fastest of flow rate or the smallest of hoses at around 18 ins (ish) but it is the best flat hose I have tried :thumb:
terry

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Terry

Can it be used while its still rolled up, or partly rolled up,

Thanks

Hi we bought one of these
Link Removed

from bargains uk a couple of years ago (no longer stock them ) it is very easy to roll up being 3 separate hoses joined together ( winds up in seconds, no kinking ) not the fastest of flow rate or the smallest of hoses at around 18 ins (ish) but it is the best flat hose I have tried :thumb:
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi, still rolled, :thumb: but as I said not the smallest
terry

dooney

Free Member
Apr 11, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Hi

Link Removed

Not sure, this may be what you are after.

Thinking of getting one myself.

regards

Jerry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back