Free Member
Mar 17, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Help, I've done what your suppose to do to fill the system but no joy, no air coming through the taps nothing any suggestions?:cry:

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Assuming you have the pump turned on and water is coming out of the cold tap you should check that the dump valve on the Truma is closed.

Depending on the model and age of your system you should have a red button near the boiler which will have dropped down during the cold weather (this is normal and is there to prevent damage to the system from freezing). Pull the button upwards a little and it should click into place - If it doesn't stay up (we all have that problem now and again) turn the heating on for a while to warm up the area then try again. Once it is in the closed position (up) start the pump and turn on a hot tap in the kitchen and you should hear air coming out until the tank is full when water should flow.

Occasionally you can get an air lock preventing the system from filling - In that case open all the taps / shower head etc so that both the cold and hot are open - that should clear the air out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Assuming you have the pump turned on and water is coming out of the cold tap you should check that the dump valve on the Truma is closed.

Depending on the model and age of your system you should have a red button near the boiler which will have dropped down during the cold weather (this is normal and is there to prevent damage to the system from freezing). Pull the button upwards a little and it should click into place - If it doesn't stay up (we all have that problem now and again) turn the heating on for a while to warm up the area then try again. Once it is in the closed position (up) start the pump and turn on a hot tap in the kitchen and you should hear air coming out until the tank is full when water should flow.

Occasionally you can get an air lock preventing the system from filling - In that case open all the taps / shower head etc so that both the cold and hot are open - that should clear the air out.

There is a slot at the base of the red button, and if it is really cold and it won't stay up then a bit of thin wire in this slot will stop the button dropping until you've been able to warm things up. Don't forget to take it out once it will stay up on its own though !

OP
OP
P

pjb

Free Member
Mar 17, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
There is a slot at the base of the red button, and if it is really cold and it won't stay up then a bit of thin wire in this slot will stop the button dropping until you've been able to warm things up. Don't forget to take it out once it will stay up on its own though !

Thanks for info, we filled fresh water tank put lever to horizontal posistion as stated in manual the switch pump on, left kitchen tap open still nothing no water no air coming through we have an autotrail apache 700 SE 04 plate

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
Can you hear the pump running? If so, can you reach inside the freshwater tank and give the pump a shake? VMax

OP
OP
P

pjb

Free Member
Mar 17, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Can you hear the pump running? If so, can you reach inside the freshwater tank and give the pump a shake? VMax
hi vmax pump is running i presume i don't have to fill fresh water tank to the top do i? iv even tried blowing down the tap to push airlock through any other suggestions?

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
when i went to fill our swift today had the same problem .found pump was not working .the fuse had blown for some reason .changed it and filled up left all taps open and pulled up the dump valve and its now working ok.

OP
OP
P

pjb

Free Member
Mar 17, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
when i went to fill our swift today had the same problem .found pump was not working .the fuse had blown for some reason .changed it and filled up left all taps open and pulled up the dump valve and its now working ok.
hi thanks for info can u tell me which/where fuse are and what size thanks pjb

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
sorry my van is different to yours .somewhere there will be a fuse box just remove each one and check.the one in our van that controls the pump is 7.5 brown .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back