LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
See Here. The council told me that, with regards to on street parking, as Traffic Orders vary throughout the town it is recommended that motorists check the restrictions in force at that place when parking.

The council's contact number is 01253 477477. Might be worth giving them a ring.

Graham

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
I tend to use the Bispham & Norbrick End. The Road Drops off to a Promenade drive along the sea wall (to be avoided on stormy nights). It is reputed to be a gay zone,:ROFLMAO: but I have never been bothered.:Blush:

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SpongeBobsDad

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
Take a look at this post I saw when I was browsing another another web site about banning motor home parking on Blackpool prom.

posted on ukcampsite.co.uk

I applaud Blackpool council on this matter

I have recently been working on the new improvements on Blackpool seafront

This is a Multi million pound Improvement with all new tramlines, New Promenade

Even new trams

The last thing that is needed is a Rag tag collection of clapped out tranny van conversions sat along the new promenade for days or even weeks at atime !

this was obviously posted by a jealous none m/home owner who is no fun at all.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just had a look at that thread on UK Campsite.

Interesting to see that the next post is
I agree to, if issue is just short term parking as you would in a car then i can understand the feeling of being victimised but sadly we know a percentage of MH owners will abuse that right and spend their weekend break in same space for duration, seeing as you cant tell who will abuse it and who wont then the minority ruin it for the majority.

To those that think they have a right to stay overnight just cos they they have a MH I say go to a camp site like the rest of us, to those that only have a MH as their only form of transport and now have to suffer cos of idiots who think they are different to everyone else then you have my sympathy.

Also interesting to see one further down
Just spoken to a lovely lady at the council....now she told me that no camper van etc is allowed to park on the prom this has been brought about due to over night stays sleeping on the prom. MH are allowed to park in Sands Way (near football ground) Central Coach Park (town centre), Bank Street (town Centre) and Gynn Square Car Parks(north Shore). She said that any road with no restrictions for example the roads around the Solarium Centre just off the prom in south shore MH are allowed to park and it is free too.

I don't want to get at MH owners as like anything it is the minority that have spoiled it for everyone else in my view.

Once again - just as with Bamburgh - it seems that it is the selfish few who spoil it for the responsible many.

Graham

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Cant imagine why anyone would want to go to Blackpool let alone park there...::bigsmile:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Cant imagine why anyone would want to go to Blackpool let alone park there...::bigsmile:

Me neither last time I was there I renamed the Golden Mile, now we refer to it as:-
Dog Poo Mile or words to that effect

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Me neither last time I was there I renamed the Golden Mile, now we refer to it as:-
Dog Poo Mile or words to that effect

:thumb:

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
I tend to use the Bispham & Norbrick End. The Road Drops off to a Promenade drive along the sea wall (to be avoided on stormy nights). It is reputed to be a gay zone,:ROFLMAO: but I have never been bothered.:Blush:

Not so much gays more like dirty old men hanging around the toilets,Whats that all about???
The toilets have gone now and so have the dirty old men,some times in the summer(what summer you say)going past on the bike Ive counted as many as 25 motorhomes there,
Nearly all the work on Cleveleys prom has now been completed and the poo pipe that was damaged when Riverdance grounded has now been completed (8 months )
please dont compare cleveleys to Blackpool its another world
oddjob

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
parking

HI ALL
I musy say have no idea about over night parking on the prom but i only live up the road in Thornton and all off last summer there were alot off motorhomes parked on the prom .i go down the prom about 7.30 in the morning so most must be staying over night i do the same park up over night like on the prom in dover .Has any one been moved on from the prom in blackpool :thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
When we was there in October we stayed at the Solarium Centre as recomended by several folk on here
Excellent venue with a handy toilet block and warm water on tap to have a splash with in the morning ( 20p to open the door though )

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
a handy toilet block and warm water on tap to have a splash with in the morning ( 20p to open the door though )

Rather you than me mate, most campsite toilets are bad enough but a public one......ooh you can forget that.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Amazingly it was absolutely immaculate ! The Solarium is way out of reach of the usual pleasure beach dweller.. AND there was a woman came round twice whilst we was there to clean it all out..

It seems to be used almost exclusively by vanner's ( a good many from on here actually !) so you can bet it is kept very nice indeed

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Oh probably better than most caravan parks then :thumb:

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
I applaud Blackpool council on this matter

I have recently been working on the new improvements on Blackpool seafront

This is a Multi million pound Improvement with all new tramlines, New Promenade

Even new trams

The last thing that is needed is a Rag tag collection of clapped out tranny van conversions sat along the new promenade!

I have a nice new motorhome too.

But I don't consider myself superior to those who can only afford a 'clapped out Tranny van conversion.'

twoofakind

Free Member
Jan 4, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A lifetime of camping/caravanning/motorhoming
:ROFLMAO:We've just been trying to think of a nice way of saying Blackpool, Blackpool, don't think so. Probably only clapped out van owners would want to park there which is why whatsisname thinks all motorhomes are rubbish. The council may be trying to take Blackpool 'up market'. No chance! We would'nt go back if they paid us. Spend our money elsewhere.:helptitanic::ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Thanks Spongebobsdad, I have just been over to the other forum and read the thread, I see that even motorhoming blue badge holders are not allowed to park on the front and other than the coach park there is no real alternative parking provision made for motorhomes, be it a disabled persons or not
Blackpool would appear to be following other seaside resort towns in the banning of motorhomes on the front.

OP
OP
SpongeBobsDad

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
Hi Peter

I think you have misinterpreted the post i placed i do not and would never condemn another persons mode of transport. especially their motor home, I don`t care what a person drives as long as they are enjoying what they do . The post i added was copied from another web site written by someone else not me.
The point i was trying to get over is how some people, obviously not a motor home owner, have their own bias views on motor homes.

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
Hi Peter

I think you have misinterpreted the post i placed i do not and would never condemn another persons mode of transport. especially their motor home, I don`t care what a person drives as long as they are enjoying what they do . The post i added was copied from another web site written by someone else not me.
The point i was trying to get over is how some people, obviously not a motor home owner, have their own bias views on motor homes.

Hi,
Yes I must apologise for my use of the quote button there. Looking back at it now it makes it look as if you wrote that snobbish remark about the poor mans motorhome, which you obviously did not.
I know that some people living the fringes of Blackpool can be remarkably snobbish. Some even complained about the statue of Les Dawson being placed on St Annes Seafront.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I would suggest that any disabled motorhomers or people who just can't walk far (even if you dont have a blue badge) write or email the council there and ask them how they expect them to be able to visit Blackpool as there only mode of transport is a MH.

Personally, I have found that Blackpool council are a lot easier on MHs parking overnight than many other councils. Bridlington has banned overnight parking everywhere, so we don't go there anymore. Their loss as my kids dont half know how to spend my money when at the seaside:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back