LED's (1 Viewer)

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
I have a bessacarr e560 and was thinking of changeing the hab lights to LED...anyone with this model done this yet if so how much and where from please...Dave:thumb:

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
I have a bessacarr e560 and was thinking of changeing the hab lights to LED...anyone with this model done this yet if so how much and where from please...Dave:thumb:

HI DAVE HAVE 560 WAS QUOTED £7 each a bulb.i am in n ireland

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
HI DAVE HAVE 560 WAS QUOTED £7 each a bulb.i am in n ireland

As we say in Yorkshire "HOW MUUUUCH"...off hand do you know the size of them then i can look them up on SCREWFIX DIRECT:thumb:....Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
As we say in Yorkshire "HOW MUUUUCH"...off hand do you know the size of them then i can look them up on SCREWFIX DIRECT:thumb:....Dave
they just look like extisting ones come in white and blue.they are not as bright as own ones. blackie

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Dave,
I take it you are looking for some power saving, we have recently replaced our 560 with a new model (inc. LEDs) Have to say we preferred the previous standard lighting, a lot softer on the eyes.
:thumb:

GeoffM

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
two
Dave.
We changed the lamps on our E560 with LEDs bought at one of the motorhome shows, Exeter if I remember correctly. The colour rendition was dissapointing even though we tried both the warm and the white. The LR16 LEDs started to fail within days, they flickered to the point of distraction; after 12months, only one of the six lamps worked fully. When contacting the supplier asking for action under guarantee, he said that these were not suitable for the motorhome where there was no protection from spiking of the 12 v electric system. That of course was not explained at the time of purchase.
We have now returned to the original lamps as supplied from new.
The LR16 are the cheaper units at about £4-£5 each, not so cheap afterall.

Geoff

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Thanks for all replys fellas/ladys/???.....picked a couple of lamps up today in Wilkinsons for £3.50 each...tried them but as most have said.."Not a very good light"...even the wife looks better under the old ones:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...Thanks All...Dave

PS...She looks WHITER...and thats not racists:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• big.jpg
    big.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 14

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Hi Dave
I have just changed mine (on a Mclouis)..mine was a G4 light in the habitation area.
these are what I purchased and seem fine,
on the G4 around the light is a black hard plastic split ring...just gently lever it out and catch the glass lens that will fall out without the ring....then the light fits in by two pins...just lever out the old bulb sideways try not to touch the bulb with your fingers with it being halogen use a piece of paper towel........then just slide the new led pins into the sockets on the side of the light.....replace the glass and the black plastic split ring.

I purchased mine off Ebay from Hong Kong china ....they are fine as good as the ones I took out...(the ones I took was 2 x 20w and 1 x 10w) ..I found the 12 led was as good a light as the 19 led (not much if any difference) and a lot easier to fit ( the 19 led was a little tight in the unit.

the 12 LED was 0.99p and ..0.59 postage and only uses 0.6w.......for 1 led unit/bulb

ebay number 200447834926 link below

ebay number Link Removed

And the 19 Led was 0.99p and..0.59 postage and that uses 0.9w

ebay number 200448475894 link below

Link Removed

These are type of bulb I took out

Link Removed

Mel :thumb:

Dave.. I have just ordered another 3... I was that pleased

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
probably the ones you bought were the old type...an array of miniature LED 'bulbs' ....not very good.

(ignore the base)...these are individual LED 'bulbs' in a cluster.

Link Removed

you really need SMT (surface mount technology) LEDs...far superior.

Link Removed

around £8 each but a life of around 50,000 hours

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
probably the ones you bought were the old type...an array of miniature LED 'bulbs' ....not very good.

(ignore the base)...these are individual LED 'bulbs' in a cluster.

Link Removed

you really need SMT (surface mount technology) LEDs...far superior.

Link Removed

around £8 each but a life of around 50,000 hours

or these
Link Removed

or these

Link Removed

Mel

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
or these
Link Removed

or these

Link Removed

Mel

cant see a use in my van for the first one shown but the second one is good value.
even better if they do a side pin type.

SMD is probably Surface Mount Diode but its still SMT (surface mount technology):thumb:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
There is a lot of difference in quality of LED available, for a Motorhome you need ones with a built in regulator as they will be running at 14 volts when you are on a hookup.

I replaced the ones in my Hymer about a year ago and have been very pleased with them, the warm white gives a colour output similar to the halogens they replaced and they are brighter.

Brought mine from here:

Link Removed

Ekka

Free Member
Mar 16, 2010
Funster No
As good as they get, without the battery drain

Hi everyone, I too bought some so called "direct MR11 leds from a seller on Ebay, that cost £4.99 each, and I was not at all happy with them, a very blue light, and not nearly bright enough. However I recently bought a lot of SMD (led type technolgy) from ultraleds ( do a google search) I find them to be excellent, and give out almost the same light as the halogens they replaced, not cheap, but nothing I have found that is good usually is. I went for the "warm white" versions, the light output being very similar to a household filiment bulb, and they are supposed to be "voltage safe" running between 10 - 17volts. Great to have ALL my lights on of an evening knwoing my batteries won't give out after a few hours.:Smile::Cool:

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Thanks to all on this subject...especially your tip mel on how to get them out..you made it sound Soooooooooooo easy (it was not) bits went everywhere but 50 minutes later it was all up and running...problem now is the bloody candle blows out when i wind the window down...Dave

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks to all on this subject...especially your tip mel on how to get them out..you made it sound Soooooooooooo easy (it was not) bits went everywhere but 50 minutes later it was all up and running...problem now is the bloody candle blows out when i wind the window down...Dave

what you need now is wind proof candles.
they are made from harder wax and a stiffer wick so the flame is harder to put out. :winky:

or some of these...

Link Removed

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Thanks Pappajohn but your candles dont work either:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Dave.... I am so soooooooooory but mine was easy and came straight out, was yours same type as mine G4.
Mel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
No mate the one i took out was the original halogen ones that Swift fit in:thumb:...Dave

Dave.. what I ment was the fitting a G4............yes I know you took out the halogen to fit the led...but was the light a G4 fitting
Mel

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Dave.. what I ment was the fitting a G4............yes I know you took out the halogen to fit the led...but was the light a G4 fitting
Mel

Hang on i'll ask the misses:ROFLMAO:...No she said these had nobbly bits on the ends not wires....she must have looked when i took me pants off:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hang on i'll ask the misses:ROFLMAO:...No she said these had nobbly bits on the ends not wires....she must have looked when i took me pants off:ROFLMAO:

this type of pin dave ?

GU10....usually 230v bulbs
Link Removed

bayonet fitting......remove by turning and pulling out like a normal house light bulb

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back