Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
i have a toqtec device fitted to the engine and need to take it off but the instructions are naff. link Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Its that big thing that sits in the drivers seat, not recommended to over pressure it, keep it unpressured by regularly lubricating with newky brown:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

never seen it blow me self, but i bet it could be messy

on the real pressure switch, sorry haven't got a clue

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i have a toqtec device fitted to the engine and need to take it off but the instructions are naff. link Link Removed

im taking a guess at this....

on the end of the injection rail near the top rear of the engine there will be a multi-wired plug...that should be the pressure switch.

follow the wires back from the torqtec unit and the wiring should branch into two seperate looms.

one will go to this socket on the rail...the other will go to the original plug.

remove both plug and socket that go to the unit and refit the wires without the torqtec unit.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
No Pressure to get it right John :ROFLMAO:

BTW, why you taking it off Bill?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No Pressure to get it right John :ROFLMAO:

BTW, why you taking it off Bill?

more to the point...why is it there in the first place....

are you sure its a TDI and not a JTD engine ?
what year is it ?

a TDI engine has a mechanical pump and injectors...there is no way to increase the pressure electronicaly as there is no rail to increase pressure in. :Doh:

a JTD has a high pressure pump, common injection rail and electronic injectors controlled by the ECU.

the pump can run pressure up to 26000 psi on some engines.

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
im taking a guess at this....

on the end of the injection rail near the top rear of the engine there will be a multi-wired plug...that should be the pressure switch.

follow the wires back from the torqtec unit and the wiring should branch into two seperate looms.

one will go to this socket on the rail...the other will go to the original plug.

remove both plug and socket that go to the unit and refit the wires without the torqtec unit.

Although very new to this MHF..IMO their is only one man with brains to answer tec questions...and this is he:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Pappajohn

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
looking at a different van with a bigger engine and it won't fit.If I get the deal I wan't have to sell the torqtec to put some diesel in the tank so we can come and see you, you ugly git:Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Thanks everyone for all your help. Got it off this morning van goes into dealers on Monday,Not sure how much to sell it for?:winky::winky:It is for a 2.0 ltr.JTD engine but will fit other vehicles look here Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks everyone for all your help. Got it off this morning van goes into dealers on Monday,Not sure how much to sell it for?:winky::winky:It is for a 2.0 ltr.JTD engine but will fit other vehicles look here Link Removed

was it where (and connected) as i thought it was ?

just curious :thumb:

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
yes.The pressure switch is underneath I could trace the wiring back but could not see the switch, The instructions are as clear as mud, O. K. to connect unit but not much good to disconnect. Thanks once again for all the help:Smile::Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
and yes John it is a jtd he has.

So you have kept this one quiet Mr Shadrack, spill the beans then spill the beans.... am I still doing ya gaslow or will it be in teh new van??? pm me or facebook me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back