Phase one of project "MH Purchase" complete. (1 Viewer)

graham_bell

Free Member
Feb 25, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Phase one is to advertise both car and caravan. Spent yesterday and today cleaning both..phew!

I've already started to get what seems like "scam" messages from ebay punters.
Someone in Denmark wants me to email my registration document - for the caravan :ROFLMAO:
Make a forged copy of it you mean!! I'm so un-trusting.:ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty sure the caravan will sell, but I'm a little worried about the car!
..So, we sit and wait now - impatiently, whilst we hunt down the ideal MH and replacement car!

Graham

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What is the car and how much is needed.. and what car are you looking to replace it with ?

Oh , and if I send you a cheque for £8,000,000 can you give my agent the change when he picks up the caravan ?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi Graham,

Whats the caravan, if its a nice one we could be interested either in buying it or part exchange.

Peter

I was just going to suggest that , Peter.
We got what we wanted for the caravan in PX for our motorhome.
We also paid nearly 3k less than what we expected to pay for the MH too.
As we had been looking for a long while for our particular model as it ticked all our want boxes we knew the going rate.
This particular one had a 4 meter fiamma zip store with fly screens , external silver screen , fiamma door lock and 4 bike rack and yellow wedge thingies , all things we'd have wanted to buy anyway , included with the price !
We kept the Nissan Terrano tow car. Its mine , i like it :winky:
Plus with all the bad weather over Christmas , were glad we did. As It meant Ralph could still get to work ! His pick up was useless .
We haven't looked back since swapping from caravan to MH. We had teething problems with the Diesel heating draining batteries when it was really cold, over New Year and Xmas. We've fixed that now, having the solar panel and 2 x Trojan sealed box batteries fitted.
You will have a head start being an x tugger , probably getting your layout right first time, something many members of fun don't do, infact say is ni impossible to do :cry::winky:
Bev

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
You mention you are selling a car and van, and buying a car and van. ?! Okay the vans are different.:winky:

No idea what sort of van you are after, but if you are open to suggestion, why not get one that is small enough to use as a daily car AND also be sufficient for your MH needs?

Ours is 4.8m and fully kitted. OK - not as much space as a big coach built, but we can get to many places they can't....

Just a thought :)

OP
OP
graham_bell

graham_bell

Free Member
Feb 25, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Thanks for the replies...

We have a 2006 Knaus Sudwind 450FU caravan (on for 7k) and a 2006 (06) Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 Supercharged (on for 28.5k) Both car and van are currently on the world's most famous auction site (not sure if I can name drop)

We're looking for a u-shaped layout with dinette something like a Autorail scout (seen a nice merc one of flea-bay 30k - 2003, a bit pricey?) or bessacarr 795 (695/495) or maybe a Sundance 630L. You're right I think being a tugger has helped us with what layout we'd like. Currently we have fixed bed and need a change..In the main it would be just 2 of us in the MH however, we have 2 grandkids that we don't want to exclude, so we'd need 4 seat belts (hence the dinette)..

The idea is to spent the car money on a motor home (+ or - 2k) and the caravan money on a replacement car. The better half would like a Merc CLK (which can be bought for about 6k)

I would part ex, but maybe being so specific with the MH might make part-ex a bit difficult, unless obviously someone has something like that on their forecourt. Also, we'd really need close to what the advertised price is to meet our MH requirements.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back