habitation check (1 Viewer)

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
not having lived in the uk for many a long year I notice a lot of talk about having to have a habitation check
as far as I can ascertain this doesn't exist in other countries , obviously you keep an eye on things yourself , my dealer suggests an annual check for damp which is free with a cheap meter , gets done for 3 years under the guarantee for a new vehicle anyway
is this just an idea to get money out of suckers in the uk , or maybe uk made kit falls apart too easily ; certainly in 35 years of caravanning/motorhoming I have never paid to have this sort of thing done

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
There are other threads on this subject.

My van (which is french) has to have an annual damp check, for which I have to pay, if I wish to maintain the 5 year guarantee against water ingress. Whether I like it or not, that is the situation. I have also had to pay for damp checks with a CI (Italian) and also caravans before (which were british built) over many years.

Maybe its the english climate? It would be interesting to know whether Pilotes, like mine, sold in France have the same conditions of guarantee.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
not having lived in the uk for many a long year I notice a lot of talk about having to have a habitation check
as far as I can ascertain this doesn't exist in other countries , obviously you keep an eye on things yourself , my dealer suggests an annual check for damp which is free with a cheap meter , gets done for 3 years under the guarantee for a new vehicle anyway
is this just an idea to get money out of suckers in the uk , or maybe uk made kit falls apart too easily ; certainly in 35 years of caravanning/motorhoming I have never paid to have this sort of thing done

Hi,

It is a stipulation with most converters in the UK in order to keep up the water ingress warranty

However it gets done for free for five years with every van we supply including full habitation service.:thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back