Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
France Passion book arrived today ::bigsmile: Suddenly feeling that it's all coming together.
We leave May 6th with a one way ticket::bigsmile: Now,we feel we can start planning with the ASCI stuff, France Passion and All the Aires-how exciting :ROFLMAO:

Mike.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
You''ll find a lot more Aires that aren't in that book too (and also ones that aren't in the French book you can purchase there) as you meander through France!!!

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Enjoy you lucky devils :thumb::thumb::thumb::RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
France Passion book arrived today ::bigsmile: Suddenly feeling that it's all coming together.
We leave May 6th with a one way ticket::bigsmile: Now,we feel we can start planning with the ASCI stuff, France Passion and All the Aires-how exciting :ROFLMAO:

Mike.

We are off too on 6 May, a late night Dover to Calais with Sea France. Only for 6 weeks though since we haven't MHed over there before. Basically, we are going east from Calais towards Brittany and then will see where our noses lead us.

Ivy

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We are off too on 6 May, a late night Dover to Calais with Sea France. Only for 6 weeks though since we haven't MHed over there before. Basically, we are going east from Calais towards Brittany and then will see where our noses lead us.

Ivy

If you go EAST from Calais is 6 weeks enough to reach Brittany :ROFLMAO:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We are planning on going to France via Eurotunnel the 1st of the 5 trip frequent traveller deal on 30th April heading south to Port Grimaud ready for the Euro Harley Fest we were there last year it was a great event and the weather was "HOT" this year we will be taking our bikes so we can do a lot more exploring along the coast just cannot wait started to get excited already:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We will be following along later - just booked the EuroTunnel for the 22nd June ::bigsmile:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

Mike.

Indeed?! Well so you can't avoid a stopover at my place.... NO WAY!!!:winky: I'll be waiting for you:thumb:

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
We are also crossing the Channel, Dover to Calais on the 6th. Ours is an early crossing, first stop-off Arras followed by Luxembourg, Strausbourg, Lake Lucerne and finally meeting up with some Funsters at Lake Garda. We shall be following some Funsters to Florence then we go it alone again through the Italien countryside to the Adiactic coast for a 6 week stay then travelling across to the west coast. This will be followed by moving northwards along the Lingurian coast, south of France and then working our way down the east coast of Spain with various stops ending up near Marbella for Christmas. Finally we will be making our way home across Spain to Santander sailing into Portsmouth so we can return for the wag 's MOT!:cry:

Hope I haven't bored you all too much, but this is our first time full-timing. I AM SO EXCITED and then we shall be off again somewhere else - who knows!:thumb:

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

Ivy

Our 1st stop will be at a camp site about 200 mtrs from The Parc Ornothologique in the Baie de Somme.We intend to spend a couple of nights there as it's great place if you're into 'birding'. We'll keep an eye for you when we set off again ::bigsmile:

Mike.

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Indeed?! Well so you can't avoid a stopover at my place.... NO WAY!!!:winky: I'll be waiting for you:thumb:
Amicalement
Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Mais certainment ::bigsmile:It'll be end of May/early June-I have sourced The Haggis :ROFLMAO:
A bientot,

Mike.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

We are crossing with Sea France on the 12th April and will not head homewards until sometime in July.

We have All the Aires and the ACSI camping card but are not making any hard and fast plans.

The only scheduled stop will be at Monteuil on the way down, as a useful stop near Callais and back to there for repatriation of our dog. We then head down to my sister in Castillones near the Dordogne for a family gathering including my elder sister from Lanzarotte.

We are taking our new electric bikes and our dog and intend finding good open traffic free spaces to enjoy both.

Beyond the above the we will plan as we go with our french books and our trusted lappie.

Isn't retirement wonderful

Cheers Alan and Lynda

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
Passion Trip !

My book also arrived today, bedtime reading tonight along with all the Aires.
Two vans heading from Bonny Scotland for lat week in July and first three weeks in August.
Hoping to cruise arround the Rhone Valley and The Tarn.

Its our first time and cant wait. !:roflmto:

Take Care all

Terry

MME

Free Member
Aug 19, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
C Class 542
Exp
6 Years
We will be following along later - just booked the EuroTunnel for the 22nd June ::bigsmile:

Is it an invasion – all seem to be going over there – our trip starts in June, arriving at Cairn - this year in a caravan? I must admit we may not be content with a caravan although it is very comfy; but what a lot of extra work and think about all that extra tackle!

Link Removed

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09

Mike.

We'll be two days behind you but heading towards Italian Lakes and back through the South of France (eventually). Safe journey everyone.

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
"Is it an invasion – all seem to be going over there "

Someone has to make a start on making more room for our European cousins that are flooding into the UK:ROFLMAO:

last year sat on the wall near the marine basin in Honfluer I commented to my wife that in the time we had sat there I had heard more people speaking English than I do when shopping in my own town.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back