Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Ive just paid out £63.60 to download updates for my tom tom 1, trouble is it didn't download. After 3 hrs of a supposed 15 hr download it came up errors !
And in the process its wiped the old west europe maps off the device. I have tried all customer service email addresses and they are all computer generated replies. Tried to phone English 0845 no. this morning to be told it was £1 a min and anyway not available. Now i have a £63.6 deficit and a useless bit on metal stuck on the windscreen !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anybody any ideas ?
Cheers
David
ps will not buy another tom tom.:cry:

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Did you pay by cerdit card if so contact them the will contact TOM TOM?

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
When i first bought mine it came with free camera mapping or similar - i typed in the code and it always came up as error.

Year or so later, they sent me a mail, saying that i could have so and so extras added and updates for free - they never worked either!

So they give nothing, just want your money!

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I went through this process a year ago and upgraded my aging TomTom. I had to fit a memory card and update all the operating software before buying and downloading the new map. And yes you are supposed to back it up first. (sorry not what you want to hear)

However I did find TomTom support very helpful (I could have been lucky I suppose) and I didnt pay £1 per min. Is the number you are ringing 0845 161 0009?

I think thats the main support number and should be local rate.

Dont dispair all is not lost, if you have paid for a map then you will get it sorted I am sure. I know how you feel though it took me ages to get mine upgraded but you get there in the end.

caz

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Anywhere
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I had the same problem when we upgraded ours. Spoke to customer services who were very helpful - especially explaining that we hadnt lost the new maps - they were still there waiting to be downloaded - our problem was the connection which kept going on and off.
Hope you get there in the end.

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
Ive just paid out £63.60 to download updates for my tom tom 1, trouble is it didn't download. After 3 hrs of a supposed 15 hr download it came up errors !
And in the process its wiped the old west europe maps off the device. I have tried all customer service email addresses and they are all computer generated replies. Tried to phone English 0845 no. this morning to be told it was £1 a min and anyway not available. Now i have a £63.6 deficit and a useless bit on metal stuck on the windscreen !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anybody any ideas ?
Cheers
David
ps will not buy another tom tom.:cry:

If the download failed, I think you should be able to just download again from the same source, as the update will still be available. The last time I updated, the download was there for some time afterwards.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I went through this process a year ago and upgraded my aging TomTom. I had to fit a memory card and update all the operating software before buying and downloading the new map. And yes you are supposed to back it up first. (sorry not what you want to hear)

However I did find TomTom support very helpful (I could have been lucky I suppose) and I didnt pay £1 per min. Is the number you are ringing 0845 161 0009?

I think thats the main support number and should be local rate.

Dont dispair all is not lost, if you have paid for a map then you will get it sorted I am sure. I know how you feel though it took me ages to get mine upgraded but you get there in the end.

check out david and ann's location barry....alicante, spain.:thumb:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
check out david and ann's location barry....alicante, spain.:thumb:

Oh I thought Alicante was near Newcastle!

Well serves them right then for being in the sun while we are all freezing!

Tell the Spanish ISP to put another Euro in the broadband metre or tighten the line and it should work!

Sorry. I hope you get it sorted!:Smile:

OP
OP
david and ann

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Oh I thought Alicante was near Newcastle!

Well serves them right then for being in the sun while we are all freezing!

Tell the Spanish ISP to put another Euro in the broadband metre or tighten the line and it should work!

Sorry. I hope you get it sorted!:Smile:
What bloody sun, its been a freezin winter here just like uk. -david

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Well were basking in sunshine:thumb:
8 degrees at the mo, wheres me shorts:RollEyes:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
What bloody sun, its been a freezin winter here just like uk. -david

Hey it got up to a barmy 10 degrees in Barnard Castle today!! Everyone here has been so cold for months it feels like summer!! there was that summer feeling in the air! One person even smiled at me which is unusual in Teesdale in Winter.

It wont last though.

Sorry its been rubbish weather in Spain. Flipping shame to go all that way and not have decent weather and not be able to navigate your way out.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back