M/h alarm - Autowatch? or another? help please (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
We are thinking of a security alarm for our m/h. Does anyone know anything about the 'Autowatch'? What would you recommend? We don't want to do any fitting ourselves and want a m/h alarm that lets us be in it at night and have an alarm on for the exterior.
Very grateful for any advice.
Violet

sportingmac

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Epworth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Virgin
I fitted Autowatch - it does what you want it to do - live in and alarmed. It also hooks up to the Phantom tracker system and alerts you via the operator when the vehicle battery is low (too low sadly but it works well).

You can add extra sensors to external lockers - wireless - so no wires to install.

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
We had an Autowatch alarm fitted to our Hymer B584 by Southern Motor Security. Main doors are protected, locker door, bike loop for rear carrier and it has internal movement coverage. Works perfectly and was installed very efficiently at a very good price. Added bonus was that it links into base vehicle immobiliser and upgrades it for insurance purposes. We were given an installation certificate which we used to get a discount on insurance. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
V
Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Thanks for the info. I contacted the fitting firm and they said they would travel to fit but have not got a workshop/showroom for a few months.
Still thinking.
violet

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Violet

We fit "Autowatch" alarms and have done for 10 years or more and can honestly say they are a great, affordable, extremely reliable and very adaptable unit.

If you want more info you are more than welcome to contact us.

Regards

Glenn Harris Workshop Manager

OP
OP
V
Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Violet - what sort of price were you quoted for supply & fitting ?:Smile:
Hi Dick and Barbara
I haven't been quoted any price yet, but did look at the website which has prices on it.
I shall now phone John Cross - see the post after yours,
Violet

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi

We were going to buy an Autowatch and have it fitted to our MH, we called the authorised fitter who was going to fit a wireless Autowatch system. I asked if the wireless sensors had any sort of Wireless Blocking built in (transmitting a signal on the same freqency as the alarm which drowns the alarm signal stops the alarm going off), he checked with Autowatch, they replied, with minimal electronics knowledge its very easy to build a gadget which blocks the signal from the wireless sensors to the control box, rendering your vehicle vulnerable.

I built one and tried it, the alarm didn’t go off.Unfortunately the fitter wasn’t pleased to hear this news as he had an Autowatch fitted on his van.

I had the Wired Cobra Alarm System fitted instead.

N&K

windysurfer

Free Member
May 21, 2010
Funster No
Which model Cobra alarm did you have fitted and what was the approximate cost?
thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back