what do fiamma awning numbers mean (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
what do fiamma awning numbers mean, are they the length, width, different styles, will an awning from a 3mt fit a 4 mtr albeit with a 1 mtr gap will the end sheets fit all models etc. what does a 3 mtr awning weigh, what size is the packet?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
what do fiamma awning numbers mean, are they the length, width, different styles, will an awning from a 3mt fit a 4 mtr albeit with a 1 mtr gap will the end sheets fit all models etc. what does a 3 mtr awning weigh, what size is the packet?

The F numbers are the model types and no a 3m will not really fit a 4m. They are not actually that heavy. 4m weighs 26kg

The side blockers fit most sizes.

Link Removed-

Peter

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Why would a 3 metre awning not fit a 4 metre M/H ? or am I missing something here :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Why would a 3 metre awning not fit a 4 metre M/H ? or am I missing something here :Smile:

it will...with a meter to spare:thumb:

as above roger :thumb:

Most simply, a 4 metre awning needs 4 metres of straight flat surface to mount it on.Most modern m/h's have a curved front.

the original question was "will a 3mtr awning fit a 4mtr van" :RollEyes::Smile:
but i know what you mean :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You will see privacy rooms advertized as2/3/4/5mtr with half sizes inbetween, 'medium' (up to 250cm high) or 'large' (up to 280cm high) this is the length of the side of the shaped panel nearest to the vehicle side. The size of medium or large will depend on where the awning roof frame is on the side of your vehicle down to the floor.

clwyd

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Ruthin, N. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Fiamma awning lengths

Delwood's van looks about 5m long and is similar to my Renault Master Hitop LWB, with the roof (ie. mounting) part less than 4m.

A 3.5 (F35) awning would just about fit at a push but 3m is ideal for mine - it cannot really overhang front or back and only needs to cover the doorway .... You need a few "flat" mounting points for the kit for your type of van. There is some mounting info. on the Fiamma site.
The CaravanStor type is flexible and cheap for caravans but the mounting height on many vans is too high to reach for the regular fitting in each time used, so the fixed F type (or similar) is really needed.

You can't fit a quart in a pint pot but you can the other way round. ... or a bun in a normal toaster - I've yesterday managed to find one wide enough to toast a teacake!!

Derek

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Maybe I'm reading it wrong..

Is Roger not asking, will a 3mt Awning canvas fit a 4mt Awning roller ?

confusion reigns ..:Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
At which point gentlemen, I think the only vaguely sane thing to say is Wibble

It might not be sensible, it may not be helpful, but as least it will not cause any MORE confusion !! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
let me rephrase my original question as I got it wrong and a lot of you are confused.
One van has a 4 meter awning but no safari room, the second van has a 3 mtr Awning with safari room. can I use that 3 meter safari room on the 4 meter awning, I realise I would have a 1 meter gap in the front. Peter realised what I was getting at when he said the side blockers would fit most awnings. So apart from height everything else is ok as far as I am reading. Thank you ladies and gentlemen.:thumb::thumb:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes you would have the metre gap plus the door, which could be permanently pegged in place.

I should think it would be an easy job to have the front extended to fit the 4 metre one, so that your awning is completely enclosed. Quite important if its pitched in windy conditions. The last thing you want is a battle with a full awning because the wind has got under it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back