Long Stay Europe insurance (1 Viewer)

susanelizabeth

Free Member
Mar 9, 2010
Funster No
Can anyone tell me of insurance companies that will do long stay europe motorhome insurance, we want to go for longer than the 90 days allowed on our present policy, any help would be appreciated. Many thanks

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Can anyone tell me of insurance companies that will do long stay europe motorhome insurance, we want to go for longer than the 90 days allowed on our present policy, any help would be appreciated. Many thanks
HI.Iwould give comfort ins a call unlimited travel dont even need to tell when your going.
JohnM. :thumb:

clwyd

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Ruthin, N. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Over 90 days in Europe

Another recent thread has covered some ideas on this - I have said there that I think my NFU and former CIS/Coop policies covered the whole year - both are good value - I recommend trying NFU, for which try 01824 703139 (my local branch). There were more suggestions such as Saga.
Derek

Pampasgrass

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
North Norfolk Coast
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
15 yrs
Home Insurance

Do also check the terms of your household insurance policy.

Somewhere in the small print if your normal residence is unoccupied for over 30 days, the insurer has to be informed otherwise in the event of any problem you may find your policy to be null and void.

I believe that you will have to advise them of your circumstances and this may of course attract an increase in premium.

Certainly during our winter months there are certain stipulations concerning draining water tanks, radiators, gas electric supplies.

A relative recently found this to their cost when their house was burgled whilst they were abroad.

:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Safeguard to 365 days EU cover including EU breakdown. Think ours is about £300 and something fully comp

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
im with NFU so just checked and was told you must be in the UK more than abroad 180 days maximum ????

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Do also check the terms of your household insurance policy.
Somewhere in the small print if your normal residence is unoccupied for over 30 days, the insurer has to be informed otherwise in the event of any problem you may find your policy to be null and void.

I believe that you will have to advise them of your circumstances and this may of course attract an increase in premium.

Certainly during our winter months there are certain stipulations concerning draining water tanks, radiators, gas electric supplies.

A relative recently found this to their cost when their house was burgled whilst they were abroad.

:Doh:
This has been mentioned before on similar threads regarding long term european cover on motorhomes.....yet apparently seems to get ignored!

It's a very important point you made and should take priority to finding european cover on a motorhome.

OP
OP
S

susanelizabeth

Free Member
Mar 9, 2010
Funster No
Motorhome insurance

Thank you to all the people who replied to my question about long stay insurance. It was all very good information and has given me hours on the internet finding quotes! Once again, thank you.

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010

I am using Safeguard for insurance and breakdown, no mileage limitations for insurance and no restrictions on time spent abroad for both insurance and breakdown. Also no height, width, length or weight restrictions. So far very impressed and very competitively priced.

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
Annual European Cover provided by the following:

Campton Insurance Brokers, Club Care, Comfort, Saga, Safeguard, Sureterm Direct Ltd and Towergate Bakers

Caravan Club will do up to 270 days in any one insured year.

Hope this helps :winky:

cliff

Free Member
May 29, 2009
Funster No
Long Stay Insurance

Hi,Saga will provide long stay insurance.
Cliff

Feb 11, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
bought first motorhome 30 yrs ago
hi we had a yearly personnel insurance with the camping and caravan club this gave us 181 days in a year max stay in europe but we did not realise that all your trips add up so if you went for a summer holiday and away in the winter you have to add these together and a rep from the club has just told me its a max of 90 days per trip and found out today that we have just the minimal cover for europe on our motorhome insurance and the breakdown cover only brings us back to the port i have just down loaded 24 pages of docs from the site and will now read them to see if they have any more surprises for me can anyone tell me they have made the same mistakes and how other long term travellers manage please tc

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Hey Tiggs I gotta leave work in spain for no work in the UK after 90 days or chop off 3 meters of my motorhome. C&CC say its RACs system that wont allow larger motorhomes to be away for 180 days and they are looking into it, maybe we should all send a letter......... So 180 days up to 7 meters and over that 90 days. How bigs yours ?

Feb 11, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi mine is 6 .16 so should be ok on that score but when you are retired and have time to do as you please or "live the dream" there always seems something to spoil it come on funsters help please someone on here will know how to sort this i am sure tc

mopauline

Free Member
Sep 27, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 Years
Hi has anybody out there got Caravan Guard Insurance for their motorhome. Have any of you had to make a claim ?
thanx

Feb 11, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Long stay motorhome insurance

Hi Dave thankyou have rung saga and insured with them fully comp here and in europe no limits on stay,size of motorhome and cheaper than caravan guard i am well pleased now i just have to find travel insurance to cover me for long stay longest i can find is 6 months a year with the camping club anyone who can do better please let me know tc

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Dave thankyou have rung saga and insured with them fully comp here and in europe no limits on stay,size of motorhome and cheaper than caravan guard i am well pleased now i just have to find travel insurance to cover me for long stay longest i can find is 6 months a year with the camping club anyone who can do better please let me know tc

Tiggs,

Have a look at this link they do up to 15 months you will have to join the BMC to get the insurance but do not be put off by the site being for mountain climbers and the like , you only need the travel insurance, so if you are under 70 years you should be OK. http://thebmc.co.uk/modules/insurance/Policies.aspx

You could also Google gap year insurance most firms do long stay.

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back