hallo to all + question (1 Viewer)

Mar 8, 2010
Funster No
Hallo to everyone:Smile: My late Father has left me with the job of getting rid of or useing his motorhome which has been in storage for 6 months now,i can get electric to it and my question is will putting it on hookup also charge the other battery that starts it,if so how long will it take etc,sorry to ask such a dumb question but am sure some kind person on here could advise me,by the way if it helps the motorhome is a bessacarr e560. Thank You

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can't help with that question (cos I am basically thick on the engines and electrics) but I am sure someone will help. Just wanted to say a) sorry for your loss and b) if you are selling it, then there are several people on the Preloved site who are asking about buying motorhomes. Might be worth a look. All the best.

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
Hi whilst on mains hookup there is a dual charging system after you switch on the service panel and scroll through the menus you will come to a digram showing the vehicle and the habitation you press on the vehicle and a red light should come on to show power to the vehicle battery then on another diagram you will see the state of charge going into the vehicle battery hope that helps otherwise consult the manuals

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Mar 8, 2010
Funster No
Hi whilst on mains hookup there is a dual charging system after you switch on the service panel and scroll through the menus you will come to a digram showing the vehicle and the habitation you press on the vehicle and a red light should come on to show power to the vehicle battery then on another diagram you will see the state of charge going into the vehicle battery hope that helps otherwise consult the manuals

Thank you for this reply which i'am afraid to say has completly confused me,probably because i'am blond as well,but with regards to manuals those seem to have been lost.
Would the Swift company help me in anyway if i phoned them. Thank You

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
First locate the control panel LOL - I didn't know motorhomes had them before we had ours, why would you know that?

The Control Panel is usually found above or maybe to the side of the habitation door and after you plug into the electric, you then need to stand inside the door and turn the panel on for starters. Then it will have arrows and drawings of various things.

Hopefully by this stage, the replies already given might make a bit more sense!

OP
OP
B
Mar 8, 2010
Funster No
First locate the control panel LOL - I didn't know motorhomes had them before we had ours, why would you know that?

The Control Panel is usually found above or maybe to the side of the habitation door and after you plug into the electric, you then need to stand inside the door and turn the panel on for starters. Then it will have arrows and drawings of various things.

Hopefully by this stage, the replies already given might make a bit more sense!

Your reply was very well greeted,having never stepped foot inside a motorhome let alone know anything about them.I have rung Swift and spoke to you know one of them(a man) who asked me all sorts of tec questions,after 15 minutes i was no wiser than when i started:Doh:But now at least by luck or judgement have managed to plug the cable thingy into the side of it and found the panel wotnot and a red light came on(why i dont know) does that now mean the cab battery will charge?? Thank You

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

Give my lot a ring on 01-580-881288 and they will advise you about the control panel and charging, plus they might even buy the van!

Peter

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Just a thought but if you said the area you live in maybe a funster lives near enough to pop round and help?

OP
OP
B
Mar 8, 2010
Funster No
Hi,

Give my lot a ring on 01-580-881288 and they will advise you about the control panel and charging, plus they might even buy the van!

Peter

Thank you Peter,i phoned a very nice gentleman on that No (shame he was married):Blush: who was very helpfull and understanding,i know understand a lot more(i think) Thank You xxxxxxxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back