Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I think the frame one fits to the door frame :)Doh:) but the other one requires drilling of the bodywork to pass the securing bolts through :Smile:

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
fiamma

the differance is in the wording.

the safe door frame screws into the side of the door frame, with self tapping screws on the inside of the door frame.(make sure there is clearance when the door closes on to it)

and the safe door lock fits by drilling the holes through the motorhome from the outside, with the bolts going through from the outside to the inside (so you have to have access from inside to fix)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jackomet
Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Thanks guys,
Both right as I managed to get drawing of both. The frame one would be too weak for my 5er as the frame thickness is only about 5 mm and a then large gap, so it's the other one for me.
JK

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks guys,
Both right as I managed to get drawing of both. The frame one would be too weak for my 5er as the frame thickness is only about 5 mm and a then large gap, so it's the other one for me.
JK

Don't expect too much of the lock mechanism.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q9ggKrcHY4[/ame]

OP
OP
Jackomet
Nov 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Too bloody late H, I have already ordered it, and as soon as I saw the vid I remembered the problem, perhaps thieves don't watch it, they wouldn't know that would they, probably don't carry biros around and if fact you can't get them anymore, naw.
I'm going to fill the lock with aradite, that will do it. Or is there a snag in that logic somewhere? I knew I should have gone for the ugly Orange Bulldog van lock.
Jk

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Too bloody late H, I have already ordered it, and as soon as I saw the vid I remembered the problem, perhaps thieves don't watch it, they wouldn't know that would they, probably don't carry biros around and if fact you can't get them anymore, naw.
I'm going to fill the lock with aradite, that will do it. Or is there a snag in that logic somewhere? I knew I should have gone for the ugly Orange Bulldog van lock.
Jk

If you put araldite in it, how do you open it!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As your in our neck of the woods, have a chat to Glenn. Darren or Ian about a suitable lock.

Peter

OP
OP
Jackomet
Nov 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
JCM
My God you are right how could I have missed that! Is that what araldite does!:cry::winky:
BTW my neck of the woods is Roquetas del mar, Spain.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
JCM
My God you are right how could I have missed that! Is that what araldite does!:cry::winky:
BTW my neck of the woods is Roquetas del mar, Spain.

Funster No : 4895
About Me: Ride motorbikes, fiddle with electrics and computers
Interests: DIY, Motorbikes and reading
MH Type: 5th Wheel
MH Model: Kountrylite 26RK
Years Motorhoming: 2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries