Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
near Sheffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years but travelled for years
you're spoilt for choice- we've just come back from Losehill near Castleton and it's a favourite for lovely walks and good pubs.....you may struggle to get on at Easter but try www.ukcampsites.co.uk and read reviews ( other people's opinions are always interesting and there's some helpful comments to make your decision easier) or try www.availablepitch.com too....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 2010 march Castleton 030.jpg
    2010 march Castleton 030.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0

HWO

Free Member
Jan 25, 2010
Funster No
Agree with the suggestion above. If you are into walking , biking etc Losehill is about as good as it gets. You may have a problem getting in, if it is the easter weekend that you are wanting to go, it being a Caravan Club site with all the prebooking hassle that they have.

Upvote 0

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
looking for site in peak district easter time anyone reccomend one:Smile:
Thoroughly recommend this one;

Link Removed

Ilam Hall was where I first began my Youth Hostelling days as a fanatical 13 year old cyclist....when life was normal and parents didn't run the kids around everywhere by car and wrap 'em up in cotton wool!

From this site you are within walking distance of Dovedale and the River Dove. Don't bother to drive to it as the car park gets rammed full of bone idle tourists. The walk along by the river is stunning.

Upvote 0

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi

Hardhurst Farm in the Hope Valley, site is just after the traffic lights about 300 yards up the road from the Travellers pub.

Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2008
Funster No
Exp
you're spoilt for choice- we've just come back from Losehill near Castleton and it's a favourite for lovely walks and good pubs.....you may struggle to get on at Easter but try www.ukcampsites.co.uk and read reviews ( other people's opinions are always interesting and there's some helpful comments to make your decision easier) or try www.availablepitch.com too....

I think I saw you on the A623 heading down from the Wanted inn, I can't remember what day, Saturday or Sunday.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back