Le-Touquet Paris Plage(price increase) (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just thought I would put this piece if information on MHF for anybody that may be intending stopping at the Aire (the Port Aire) in le-Touquet....it has now gone up to 9 euros..+ 2 euros for your water and 1 hour electric (if needed)...
The over night is done by ticket machine
And patrolled by community police

The Equestrian Aire site is 7 euros....and all electric points around the site has been removed ( although we never found them on/live)....there is still a electric point at the bourne.
The over night is done by ticket machine.
And patrolled by community police

Also at the Equestrian site, to the right hand side of the building the stands is a grassed area with about 10 to 20 electric hookups but normally that area is chained off, EHP are also not live....chain was removed when we was looking around the site on the 4th of March 2010

Mel :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks for the updates Mel..

The last time we were on the Equestrian aire was Sep 2008 and the EHU were live, shame they have now taken them away, but still a great aire.. more like a municipal site..

Didn't care much for the port aire, little more than a car park but in a great location ..

cheers

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
When I was there in the Autumn of 2008 I noticed that EHUs (not live) were being installed in an area alongside the pavillion. In 2009 the Aire was closed to motorhomes as there was an Equestrian event taking place. I now use the free car park at the airport or the motorhome dealer's car park at the airport (the former Aire) which are both fine for a late night arrivals and early morning departures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks for the updates Mel..

The last time we were on the Equestrian aire was Sep 2008 and the EHU were live, shame they have now taken them away, but still a great aire.. more like a municipal site..

Didn't care much for the port aire, little more than a car park but in a great location ..

cheers

Jim,
I am not saying there has never been electric on the Equestrian Aire, what I am saying we have always been unlucky ( as I try them all with my test plug just in case one is working we have just been unfortunate, maybe we are going at the wrong time of year)..but now they have all been removed with the taps!

I found the port Aire a bit click-ish with the French saving places and putting deck chairs out all day waiting for there friends to arrive.....it has had a little face lift, but not much difference.

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Thanks for the update :thumb:

We got moved off the equestrian site last year and as the port was full we looked elsewhere and found Le Portel which is really handy for early/late arrivals/departures. They have installed a payment machine but its still cheaper than Le Touquet as just a stopping place.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
When I was there in the Autumn of 2008 I noticed that EHUs (not live) were being installed in an area alongside the pavillion. In 2009 the Aire was closed to motorhomes as there was an Equestrian event taking place. I now use the free car park at the airport or the motorhome dealer's car park at the airport (the former Aire) which are both fine for a late night arrivals and early morning departures.

That is correct where the EHPs are,.. but even some of them have been broken open??? the chain was down on the floor as we was looking around, just checking the site but as we was coming out the community police had just arrived and was checking the chain area out?

The Airport is where we stopped on the 4th three nights ago... sometimes it is a little noisy when airplanes are winding up before take off... and then two lorries with freezer units going all night on the airport car park but as it is free you can not complain, we have stopped there many times ...... we then call at Etaples for fish off the market docks on our way home as we only live 1 hour away.

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
If you just want a safe place to park thats handy for Boulougne there is a free and unrestricted parking area at Wimeraux, which is an attractive place :thumb:
Its just on the Boulougne side of Wimeraux town centre, about 50 yards from the seafront.

Attachments

• Wimeraux.JPG
    Wimeraux.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Wimeraux seafront.JPG
    Wimeraux seafront.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

We got moved off the equestrian site last year and as the port was full we looked elsewhere and found Le Portel which is really handy for early/late arrivals/departures. They have installed a payment machine but its still cheaper than Le Touquet as just a stopping place.

Yes been been le-Portel.....sorry to hear you had been thrown off, normally it is just because they have an event on then you are not allowed.....
another site for you to try is Cayeux-sur-mer not at Cayeux but above in a small village...nice site 3 euros per night you pay over at the campsite Les Galets..( you can also book in at the campsite if want all the services...you can have wifi inside the site or outside the site at I think 3 euros for one hour)..water and electrics at the bourne N50'12.181' E001'31.576' it is in the book "All the Aires in France" page 286...no 4 at the bottom of the page no pictures ...if you want any pictures send an email address and I will post some onto you......shops about 3 miles south at Cayeux.....three supermarkets on the main road about 5 to 7 miles north.
lovely area you have Le Hourdel very close 2 to 3 miles and St Valery sur Somme lovely town about 7 miles north.
There is a new site opened BUT we seem to have lost the paper out of my French motorhome magazine....we are still looking may be still in the motorhome!.....it is between Ault and Mers le Baines- Le Treport...they say 4km inland..as soon as we find it we will pass on the info...not tried it myself as it is new

Mel:thumb:

we have found it

Bourseville ......long 001'5247. 2222 latitude 50'105.27778...these cords are from the piece of paper ...free the first night and eight euros after that...electric and a bourne at two euros....that all the info I have :Eeek:

mel

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
If you just want a safe place to park thats handy for Boulougne there is a free and unrestricted parking area at Wimeraux, which is an attractive place :thumb:
Its just on the Boulougne side of Wimeraux town centre, about 50 yards from the seafront.

Hi Peter...thank you....Which one of those pictures do you actualy park on, is it the one with the two vans on.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long

Neil - How much waas it at Le Portel ? :Smile:

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
Hi Peter...thank you....Which one of those pictures do you actualy park on, is it the one with the two vans on.

Sorry I should have made that clear. I don't think you can park on the seafront itself, I think those 2 vans are just for workmen working on the hotel. My van is parked on the car park where the tractors are, which they use to pull the fishing boats out of the water - its the first block behind the seafront. The road is pretty quiet because it is not the main coast road. There are also several other unrestricted parking areas along there, but the parking becomes restricted when you get into Wimeraux town centre which is about half a mile further towards calais. There is a tourist information office with public internet access in Wimeraux so you can book a ferry at internet prices :thumb: avoiding the outrageous prices if you buy your ticket at either port :Angry:
If you can't use the internet the least worst option is probably the P&O or Seafrance offices in Calais town centre, which is not quite such a big rip off as buying a ticket at the port itself.

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Neil - How much waas it at Le Portel ? :Smile:

Hi dellwood33,

IIRC, 3 euro per night, 2 euro for 4 hours electricity and 2 euro for 10 minutes water. :thumb:

All done on a debit/credit card which gives you a code to activate EHU and water.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Sorry I should have made that clear. I don't think you can park on the seafront itself, I think those 2 vans are just for workmen working on the hotel. My van is parked on the car park where the tractors are, which they use to pull the fishing boats out of the water - its the first block behind the seafront. The road is pretty quiet because it is not the main coast road. There are also several other unrestricted parking areas along there, but the parking becomes restricted when you get into Wimeraux town centre which is about half a mile further towards calais. There is a tourist information office with public internet access in Wimeraux so you can book a ferry at internet prices :thumb: avoiding the outrageous prices if you buy your ticket at either port :Angry:
If you can't use the internet the least worst option is probably the P&O or Seafrance offices in Calais town centre, which is not quite such a big rip off as buying a ticket at the port itself.

do you have sat cords of the carpark

Mel

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi GPS for carpark is 50.766064,1.607523 you can see it in google street view.

Olley

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Trying ot remember which aire we stayed at. It was a few years ago and it was right on the beach near a sailing club. Anyone know which it might have been

stew

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Trying ot remember which aire we stayed at. It was a few years ago and it was right on the beach near a sailing club. Anyone know which it might have been

stew

Hi Stew
That would be the Port Aire ..

For any Rvers reading , both are big enough, however, the Equestrian aire is bigger with more space and has grass with trees, also a play area with table tennis and a basket ball court, ideal if you have kids

See both here

Aires suitable for RVs

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
Hi GPS for carpark is 50.766064,1.607523 you can see it in google street view.

Olley

Yes, Thats the one Thank you :thumb:

Looks pretty full there when that photo was taken, but there are other unrestricted public parking places in that area on the outskirts of Wimeraux - first photo. I prefer to park near the seafront, rather than on the seafront, as I usually find it quieter at night. Wimeraux is much quieter than Boulougne, but you seem to get rowdies on seafronts everywhere sometimes.

(As you probably know camping cars are now banned from the place we used to park on the opposite side of the water to the ferry in Boulougne - second photo.)

Attachments

• Wimeraux 3.JPG
    Wimeraux 3.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 16
  • Boulougne.JPG
    Boulougne.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 18

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.