tv off leisure battery (1 Viewer)

happytraveller123

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Funster No
would it be possible to run my 19"mains tv and a sky sat receiver off a leisure battery, through a 150 watt inverter ? if so, approx how many hours use is possible before having to recharge?( the tv is rated at 60 w not sure on the sat ) . the inverter appears to have a alarm built in it ,which stops the battery draining past the point where you wouldnt be able to start your vehicle but as i am only attaching it to the secondary battery anyway, would this interfere with the whole process needlessly ? i was under the impression that leisure batteries were designed to be drained a lot more than normal ones ! would a 115amp batt be worth the extra cost over a 85 amp one in this situation ? thanks for reading .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
would it be possible to run my 19"mains tv and a sky sat receiver off a leisure battery, through a 150 watt inverter ? if so, approx how many hours use is possible before having to recharge?( the tv is rated at 60 w not sure on the sat ) . the inverter appears to have a alarm built in it ,which stops the battery draining past the point where you wouldnt be able to start your vehicle but as i am only attaching it to the secondary battery anyway, would this interfere with the whole process needlessly ? i was under the impression that leisure batteries were designed to be drained a lot more than normal ones ! would a 115amp batt be worth the extra cost over a 85 amp one in this situation ? thanks for reading .

Say 90W at 12V = 7.5A. So 85Ah battery not 10 hours but more like 5 before the voltage is getting low.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
does the tv have a power transfomer in the mains lead???

if it does then make up a lead with a 12v plug on one end and a suitable plug on the other and run direct from the battery.....still need an inverter for the sky box though :Doh:

a second 85ah battery would be preferable to a 115ah replacement...170ah in total.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back