Insurance for toad whilst towed (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

Insurance...:Angry:

Does anyone have insurance that covers their toad fully comp whilst it is being towed on an a-frame?

I've just found out that my car insurance provides no cover at all whilst being towed on an a-frame and the motorhome insurance only covers 'trailers' for upto £1000 and public liability.

Bryan

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
As it is a trailer, it would be covered third party - unless a special arrangement is made. If it was on a car trailer, then it becomes goods, so is a different matter.

Have a word with your insurer and see how they look at the situation - whichever they decide, get it in writing from them.

Generally, a trailer is only covered for third party risks.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Bryan,

could be wrong but i think Geo sorted this problem with NFU.

if both vehicles are insured by them then they will pay out on a claim on the toad.
if they both arent with the NFU then they only insure the toad as a trailer....£1000 cover

best person to verify will be Geo himself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
My toad is insured with Admiral and I have checked and is fully comp while being towed on trailer , have not checked about a frame towing

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
hi Bryan,

could be wrong but i think Geo sorted this problem with NFU.

if both vehicles are insured by them then they will pay out on a claim on the toad.
if they both arent with the NFU then they only insure the toad as a trailer....£1000 cover

best person to verify will be Geo himself.

My motorhome is with NFU. I've spoken to them (still ongoing :RollEyes:) but my concern is that it may be the case that the fully comp cover only applies to the car whilst being driven, and the situation whilst being towed reverts to a claim as a trailer i.e. limited to £1000.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Bryan, when we had a toad Saga insured both vehicles full comp, but I don't think they insure RV's and your far too young anyway.............:Smile: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We still insure the van with them, and the trailer, the Smart is insured by Smart and they confirmed that when its on the trailer it will still be full comp.

But I would try and find a company that will insure the RV and the toad, a lot safer if anything were to happen.:cry: :thumb:Bob.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
HI,

My MH insured with Saga and Toad with LV. LV have confirmed that as long as the MH is driven by Hilary or me (we are the two named drivers on the Toad) they would treat the Toad as driven by us and it is therefore fully comp.:thumb:

Apr 8, 2008
Snaith
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nineteen years
I have my smart fully covered with L and V, Motor home with caravan guard, end of !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back