Cant see the point in ...... (1 Viewer)

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
In order to retain my grumpy, self opinionated status Mr Hilldweller (due to his recent outburst) has forced me to make the following statements (all of which I truly meen)

Cant see the point in..............

1 - not having a fixed bed
2 - having to make your bed up every night
3 - not having a garage
4 - wild camping on a car park or lay by
5 - taking dogs on holiday
6 - watching tv in your motorhome

I await the inevitable fall out.......
Feel free to add your own.

PS
I would add a tongue in cheek smiley but hey ho...

SMALL PRINT
Blame Mr Hilldweller for making me prove my grumpiness ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In order to retain my grumpy, self opinionated status Mr Hilldweller (due to his recent outburst) has forced me to make the following statements (all of which I truly meen)

If you have a family, an extra lounge that turns into a bed can give much needed space for the family.

This can be a pain but see answer above

3 - not having a garage

Garages storage is normally too far behind the rear axle, and once the floor is full they are junked. Give me a belly locker over a garage any day

As long as the layby is not main focal point of the holiday,:whatthe: these stops can be fun. I stopped in a carpark in Chichester a little while ago. Short walk to a dozen pubs and a great area to throw a rugby ball around on sunday morning with the kids

I would not want to miss the walks with the dog

We agree at last::bigsmile:

PS
I would add a tongue in cheek smiley but hey ho...

SMALL PRINT
Blame Mr Hilldweller for making me prove my grumpiness ::bigsmile:

:Smile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
:ROFLMAO:

1. Due to nature of trade I have to maximise interior space and minimise exterior size
(ie: not waste space)

2. To the well initiated, making the bed takes under two minutes, base, cushions,sheets, covers.

3. You are on holiday - garage is just a mans' hand bag - full of junk you will probably never need!

4. The beauty of a motorhome is that you can stop anywhere when you are tired. I deally wild camp in a nice spot, but if you are in transit, why not a lay by overnight?

5. Dogs enjoy holidays too - just make sure you have air con on board and running if they are left for more than 2 minutes. They can be a bind sometimes - just depends on where you are going and what you are doing.

6. TV is there for news and weather.....so if it looks like rain the rest of the week, you can utilise a motorhomes best atribute - unhook and chase some sunshine!

You know it makes sense!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Jim

1 out of 6 aint that bad :thumb:

And theres time to bring you round to my way of thinking on the other 5 ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
3 - not having a garage

I could have written that myself. See you can do it if you try.

Apart from 6. We enjoy a good DVD or the occasional bike race in the van. We take a collection of the best films/programs we want to watch again. Brittas Empire, Bit of a Do all in stock. We watched Casablanca somewhere in Morocco, they don't make 'en like that any more. Followed by Maltese Falcon.

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp

You must need a fixed bed because you're a 'Lover Machine'.
Any time, any place, any where you need may need to test out your Vans suspension.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
You must need a fixed bed because you're a 'Lover Machine'.

You better beleive it my friend...........:winky:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
1) I can make better use of the space

2) Dont make the bed

3) Just gets clutterd with junk

4) Agree apart from emergencies

5) Take me, take my dog

6) News, Weather & Sport

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Ugh.. acctually no I dont agree with any of that ::bigsmile:

Oh dear! There is no hope - you have passed the mark, when old age grumpiness passes a certain stage, there is only one thing left.......i think it was time you became a Club Warden!!

:thumb:

pegasus

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since Nov 2009
No point repeating ...

Agree 100% with Jim and 16.6% with ips. :winky:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
That's twice today I've had a coffee/keyboard interface over summat Mr Hilldweller has posted.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So Brian, would you say you are more like Eddie Merckz or Lance Armstrong, and are you as entertaining and informative as David Duffield when giving a commentary?

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
.......i think it was time you became a Club Warden!! :thumb:

Aargh dont even go there ... dont you remeber my "daftest thing etc etc " thread. Thought that made my thoughts on the matter very clear. ::bigsmile:

pinkgin

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto
Exp
15 + years,
Sorry fully with your wife and 17yr old daughter as in your profile.:winky:

However you are taking lessons off the master of grumpyness mr Hilldweller himself.
Trust me you will have a long way to go before you meet Brians levels but good luck..

Incedently--
dogs? part of my family, if i go and she can come she does.

each to their own on layout.

stopping in a car park? why don't you go and get a caravan then, its what motorhomes were made for.

Watching tv in a motorhome? well once again each to there own, I love to catch up with the days events with a little whiskey and or watch a good old movie whilst the rain hammers it down on my roof.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So Brian, would you say you are more like Eddie Merckz or Lance Armstrong, and are you as entertaining and informative as David Duffield when giving a commentary?

Oh dear, I don't know any of those. I've just looked them all up, still none the wiser.

When it comes to humour I grew up with The Goons, though I don't think they stand the test of time, to Spike on his own, then the wonderful dry northern humour of Les Dawson with his wonderful verbal images "I knew your mother was coming the rats were throwing themselves on the traps".

Good to see you've forgiven me for calling you a peasant. We are on the second Brian Sewell DVD now.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Forgiven you Brian? - oh. My mummy and daddy taught me that revenge is a dish best served cold. They were often right (but more often wrong, now I come to consider, LOL)

Ahhh now then now then, of course I had momentarily forgotten that we are talking about 'proper bike' racing, so I must apologise.

We wandered into an empty cafe one day in Anaxos (it's in Lesvos and before you say anything, Sappho wasn't one of what you thought LOL) (possibly bi, but anyway jumped off a cliff after being spurned by a young male lover, so exactly why she became a female Gay Icon nobody can work out!) ordered a coffee and enquired politely whether they could possibly get the whatever GP it happened to be that Sunday on Europsort on their wide-screen, which they did.

a) within 10 minutes the cafe was bursting at the seams and b) the elderly papa of the proprietor very nearly wore his worry-beads out, he was that excited and c) excellent result, Lal La La song duly played at conclusion. Oh and c) everyone was gasping for a drink by that time as he didn't serve anyone hardly anybody (except the little kids to stop em talking and get em out pdq) in the meantime LOL

Later there was a sign outside the premises on the road saying 'Highlights of whatever Moto GP showing at X o'clock' - we never saw it, place was heaving!!!

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
I could have written that myself. See you can do it if you try.

Apart from 6. We enjoy a good DVD or the occasional bike race in the van. We take a collection of the best films/programs we want to watch again. Brittas Empire, Bit of a Do all in stock. We watched Casablanca somewhere in Morocco, they don't make 'en like that any more. Followed by Maltese Falcon.

must be one helluvva big van if you can bike race in it :thumb:

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
Mr IPS, I must be a grumpy old git, too, as I agree with all of your comments (though my missus likes a bit of telly if we're away for any length of time. What she sees in Eastenders I totally fail to comprehend!)

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi Castaway we need a club forming me thinks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Totally agree so long as you know how to 'use' it properly!
Not if you don't have to.
3 - not having a garage
Can't beat the storage and ease at getting at stuff.
Except if you're in a hurry and there's not where else to stop.
Obviously not a dog lover then - they add so much to the fun of a holiday and are part of the family.
Nice to catch the weather or even see some of the local news.

PS: We've just bought a van like you ... can't wait to get it - any advice about it?::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ahhh now then now then, of course I had momentarily forgotten that we are talking about 'proper bike' racing, so I must apologise.

Nothing wrong with improper bike racing, anything that brings home the gold is good.

Daughter sold her motorbike but would not part with one of her 6 or so pushbikes, even the ridiculous recumbent. I pushed her round for 10 years before she worked out how to stay upright.

I've never worked out how stadium pushbike racing works. What is the point in *not* moving. If it were only in the UK I could see it as a go slow, quite normal, but johnny foreigner does it too.

But motorcycle racing, I don't think any motorsport surpasses it, especially with TV coverage now, for being able to see the effort and skill that goes into it. And off track the camaraderie. True gladiatorial behavior.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Excelent van we have been very pleased with it no faults to report hope you like it as much as we do

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No

3 - not having a garage

Can you see the point in simply doing what you want in your motorhome and having exactly what you want.....irrespective of what others may or may not agree with?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Grumpy is what grumpy does...

My hero.

That is right up there with "and an iron curtain has closed across Europe" and "think not what your country can do for you, think what you can do for your country".

I salute you Sir.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back