Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Just read on the Caravan Channels forum that a 5th wheel called Dream Seeker has won the Caravan Club catagory, "any 5th wheel".

Anyone got any info or links cos I've never heard of it, I've Googled it and can't find anything.

Ta::bigsmile:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Seems like a very well kept secret - certainly I have never heard of it - maybe they dreamed it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It all right winning :Doh:
But will they let it on site:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
possibly a new model from the 5th wheel company Paul as they are the only 5th wheel company ever to have won at the caravan shows awards which they have done every year, mind you its only between calder and the 5th wheel company as they are the only ones that show there as a rule.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
just had confirmation that it is a model by the 5thwheel company from a funster that is there today

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
just had confirmation that it is a model by the 5thwheel company from a funster that is there today

Blimey! They kept that one quiet!:winky:
Looking forward to some piccies.:thumb:

Wheelie

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Whitehill Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
2nd year
yes twas me the funster that was at the NEC show and I spoke to the 5th wheel company and the Dreamseeker is the replacement for the globestormer, couldn't get any pics though but is not dissimilar to the celtic rambler. Price approx 36k

Last edited:

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
I don't know if it is a reflection on them or not But over the past few months (Approx 12) that I have been looking at fifth wheelers I have seen an awful lot of both Celtic Ramblers and Globestormers on sale.
:Doh:

In fact there are 4 Celtic Ramblers on ebay now and 2 Globestormers.

:RollEyes::RollEyes:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
I don't know if it is a reflection on them or not But over the past few months (Approx 12) that I have been looking at fifth wheelers I have seen an awful lot of both Celtic Ramblers and Globestormers on sale.
:Doh:

In fact there are 4 Celtic Ramblers on ebay now and 2 Globestormers.

:RollEyes::RollEyes:

I dont know how many they manufacture per month or year but I guess that this would be only a small % of their production numbers.

Then again I may be losing my cynicism. :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Rob

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
The interior finnish and standard of finnish is fantastic in them, dont like the main bed area though, the weight is what lets them down, its way too heavy for a eurotruck. I have known a couple of folk that have splashed out on them, one changed from the eurotruck to a yank truck and said that at last he felt in control of the unit, the other loved the unit but also didnt enjoy pulling it around he toyed with siting it permanently in europe but in the end sold the whole lot.
One was in guadamar when i went to visit jackomet and i noticed they were using a sprinter conversion to pull theirs

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
I dont know how many they manufacture per month or year but I guess that this would be only a small % of their production numbers.

Then again I may be losing my cynicism. :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Rob

I would have thought that looking at the Total number advertised for sale = 11 and the Fifth wheel company take up over 50% of them, Also I don't think there is more than 1 of any other type up for sale, That would tell me there is something wrong.

I don't think that they have sold seven times more than any other brand and that is what it would equate to.

:winky:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
I would have thought that looking at the Total number advertised for sale = 11 and the Fifth wheel company take up over 50% of them, Also I don't think there is more than 1 of any other type up for sale, That would tell me there is something wrong.

I don't think that they have sold seven times more than any other brand and that is what it would equate to.

:winky:

Good point Les,
I was not as up to date on the numbers for sale so did not feel qualified to comment. This does seem to be a lot of them for sale though.
Interesting in so much as I sold ours in less than a month. :thumb::thumb:
And no I did not give it away either.

Rob

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
You were lucky same as me mate, I sold my MH in November, I advertised it not expecting it to sell till about January at earliest.
I had a load of stuff to be taken off it, so I took it to Nottingham on the Monday, when we got back from Nottingham on Monday afternoon I put it on caravanseekers.co.uk at £45 k, Got an email to say that it wouldnt go on right away as it had to be checked etc.
Tuesday morning I got a phone call asking questions about it so I naturally thought it was from the website advertisers, Then he offered £40 k, I asked him how he knew about it and he told me he had seen it on caravan seekers, that threw me totally, anyway he was after one of what I was selling so we haggled a bit and settled on £42 k. I told him it was at Nottingham and I had not got it for him to view yet, No problem he said he would wait, following Tuesday 1 week later I fetched it from Nottingham, I phoned him and told him I was fetching it and he could view it later, when I got home he was waiting, he looked at it and got my bank details, He phoned his Building Society and the money was transferred within 5 minutes.
Definitely the best and fastest deal I have ever done.
:roflmto:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Les that is fantastic, I bet you were well chuffed:thumb::thumb:

I advertised mine on ebay, had loads of interest and loads of silly offers, then a really nice couple came along and wanted to buy it, so we did a deal which excluded the pick up truck and hey presto, job done.
It would have all happened a lot quicker if it had not been for the snowy weather, the storage site that we used was snowed in and cut off for what seemed like ages, still thats global warming for you :Eeek:

Rob

davidjones

Free Member
Nov 16, 2009
Stockport
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
3rd year 5ver
Dream Seeker

I'd never heard or seen Dream Seeker but I was reading American RV Magazine March 2010 edition today. In the report on 49th National Boat Caravan & Outdoor Show on page 10 there is a photo showing a Dream Seeker 5er. The door is on the off side so I presume it is a US import as I suppose it's not from Europe!

David :ROFLMAO:

davidjones

Free Member
Nov 16, 2009
Stockport
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
3rd year 5ver
Dream Seeker

Oops further to my reply a few minutes ago! Dream Seeker is from the Fifth Wheel company

Link Removed

so there you are - sorry about my mistake.

David :Blush:

purdo4

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
14 months
Fifth Wheeler

Hi just wonder, these fifth wheelers,love the look of them but are they heavy to pull?and what about diesal,do they guzzle a lot of that.We have been looking at them my hubby and i but dont really know a lot about towing them on our roads and if they are better than towing a caravan? need to find out a lot of answers before we take the plunge.We have a Motorhome at present,but would love the space of the slide out on the fifth wheeler.Can you give us any ideas on .Also hubby is over 70 so he cant drive a larger Motorhome now.

Hope you dont mind me asking?also there does seem a lot for sale,second hand ones on ebay and other places.Also whats the best truck to pull it with? Do many sites allow them on?

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi just wonder, these fifth wheelers,love the look of them but are they heavy to pull?and what about diesal,do they guzzle a lot of that.We have been looking at them my hubby and i but dont really know a lot about towing them on our roads and if they are better than towing a caravan? need to find out a lot of answers before we take the plunge.We have a Motorhome at present,but would love the space of the slide out on the fifth wheeler.Can you give us any ideas on .Also hubby is over 70 so he cant drive a larger Motorhome now.

Hope you dont mind me asking?also there does seem a lot for sale,second hand ones on ebay and other places.Also whats the best truck to pull it with? Do many sites allow them on?

Did he not apply to the dvla to keep his entitlement on his licence? Its based on having a medical.

without that you will not be allowed to tow a 5th wheel unit as the gross weight of the truck and unit is in excess of the 3500kgs allowed to new drivers and drivers who do not keep their entitlement.

As to towing a 5ver I think they are great, and yes the room in them is good I have a uk spec one.Fuel wise with mine im averaging 21mpg on a parr with more than a couple of 4x4 and caravan outfits, but it is one of those combinations of units that you either take too or dont and that is one of the reasons you see quite a few of them for sale

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002

As for fuel consumption i can only give you my results over a period -the 5ver averages 19-21 mpg. as a matter of interest i also have bought a Hymer 435 caravan about 1300kg. unladen and this averaged the same mpg. on a trip to Spain just recently.I use a Nissan Navara and after some initial problems have been delighted with.Towing ability of 5TH and Navara excellent after the initial shock of its size.Good luck Al.

FifthWheel21

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Funster No
Take a look at mine!

Thought I would supply people with pictures of mine - I'm very Fifth Wheel proud!

Check it out!

PS It's the best caravan I've ever owned!

Attachments

• FW DreamSeeker 2.jpg
    FW DreamSeeker 2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 54
  • MLP_04.jpg
    MLP_04.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 51

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.