jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
my first service is due soon and I wondered how much people on here have paid for Fiat to do a first service 12 months old, basically oil filter and visually inspect some of the prices I have been quoted seem a lot.My own van is a 3litre comfortmatic with cab aircon

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
Fiat service

my first service is due soon and i wondered how much people on here have paid for fiat to do a first service 12 months old, basically oil filter and visually inspect some of the prices i have been quoted seem a lot.my own van is a 3litre comfortmatic with cab aircon
was told £160 was charged £240.15.000 miles service.oil plus filters. £90 per hour labour.£60 plus vat for oil.blackie

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
you don't have to go to a Fiat garage you can get servicing done at any independant garage without invalidating your warranty providing they follow manufacturers service recomendations and use parts of OE equivenent quality - we use genuine manufacturers filters etc anyway on new vehicles. They will not tell you this but it all changed several years ago. We are a garage and service many new vehicles at a lot less than main dealers charge. A Fiat stamp in your service book is not worth any more than a Registered VAT garage at the end of the day. Get some quotes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

raymondo782

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Lydney, Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 years
I had my Fiat 2.3 serviced 'low mileage service' £110.00 by Fiat commercial garage
My local VAT registered garage would have been cheaper!

OP
OP
jhorsf

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
jaygee
I use the local family owned unipart garage normally and get good service and Know I will not be overcharged but am reluctant to do this with the new Fiat until out of warranty in case I have a problem in the future as Fiat are not known for their customer helpfulness at the moment

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
£190 for a Fiat low milage service parts and oil incuded - 2 hours work

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
jaygee
I use the local family owned unipart garage normally and get good service and Know I will not be overcharged but am reluctant to do this with the new Fiat until out of warranty in case I have a problem in the future as Fiat are not known for their customer helpfulness at the moment
we too are a Unipart garage. It is European law that says that any garage can service cars without invalidating any warranty and I can understand your concerns. Fiat would not have a leg to stand on if a fault were to develop under warranty and infact we have had this happen. A customer had a van which we serviced and 2 years into the warranty period it developed a lower engine rumble (which turned out to be a problem with the big end) the customer returned to his local dealer and they gave the stock reply - not serviced by a main dealer so not covered - one call to their head office customer service and suddenly they were on the phone to him apologising & asking when they could collect for repair. I understand your concerns, have a look at this official government site Link Removed
which quotes :
Servicing
Where you get your car serviced is an important
consideration. Following action by the OFT in
2004, all major makes of new car in the UK are
sold without servicing ties as part of their

warranties. This means that the
manufacturer’s
warranty

and any extension offered free, such as
the

dealer based extended warranty are covered
by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and
Traders Limited (SMMT) OFT Approved code of
practice (see www.smmt.co.uk). The code from
the SMMT, who represent all sectors of the
automotive industry in the UK, says that you are
free to get your car serviced anywhere in the UK
and still benefit from the manufacturer’s new car
warranty, as long as the service is carried out to
the car manufacturer’s recommendations, even if
this service is carried out by an independent service or repair outlet.
Hope this helps.
One other thing - any repairs carried out at a Unipart Car Care Centre are covered by a nationwide guarantee so if, for instance, you had a starter replaced whilst on holiday in Devon, you returned to Manchester and 6 months later it went faulty you could take it into your local Car Care Centre and they would sort it for you! Worth considering.

OP
OP
jhorsf

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
thank you jaygee for the info I did not know you had any connection with Unipart, I have found my local garage Unipart (3generation family owned and run) to be great and did know about Unipart warranty as my family members all use them. I once broke down with a Unipart lifetime battery and had it replaced with no fuss at all.The labour charges are very reasonable and I have never known them to overcharge anyone that is why they are very busy.I thought the Fiat third year warranty was dependant on Fiat servicing.

OP
OP
jhorsf

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
platts stoke today told me £356 oil ,filter, aircon filter, after I picked myself up off the floor and said :censored:2 they said £320 they said the oil is nearly 100£ on its own, pollen filter for cab aircon 68£ I think main dealers are extracting the liquid

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
My van is a Citroen Relay, and the Citroen service book states the first service, under normal circumstances, comes after 2 years or 25,000 miles. I thought the Fiat Ducato would be the same as it is the same van.

Oil prices vary enormously. I have top quality (Carlube Link Removed ) fully synthetic 5w/40 API SL/CF ACEA A3, B3, before bought from Morrisons petrol forecourt for £3.99p per 1 litre bottle. Holds 6.5 litres so that is £26 even if you buy it in 1 litre bottles on a petrol forecourt. But you can pay 4 times that price for the same specification of oil if you are a sucker for the heavily advertised brands in rip off shops :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back