Is the hymer starline 680s fully winterised (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Is the hymer starline 680s fully winterised or only partially, merc engine. and garage, what to look out for? good points and bad ones please.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
A wonderful motorhome. The Starline series is fully winterised although it does not have the double floor of the Alko chassis. The insulation is of a high standard and the fresh water tank is inboard. The waste tank, and more importantly the dump valve, are insulated and heated by the Truma blown air system.
We have been out on several occasions when the temperature has dropped well below freezing without any problems. Never been to the Alps in Winter, so cannot comment on that, but a lot of Germans use Hymers for skiing trips, so it's unlikely that this premium version of the B-class would fail to meet the standard.

By the way, there is a really nice B680 at Edgehill Motorhomes at the moment - 2005 model. Would love it, but our B630 is like a shorter version and quite adequate for the two of us. (It came from Edgehill too.)

Philip

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Is the hymer starline 680s fully winterised or only partially, merc engine. and garage, what to look out for? good points and bad ones please.

Wow Roger, your splashing out mate! You won the lottery:ROFLMAO:

PS. I have some Hymers:thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hope hes not spending the haircut money:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

only joking

what haircut? hee hee

Wow Roger, your splashing out mate! You won the lottery:ROFLMAO:

PS. I have some Hymers:thumb:

Peter

Before I give anyone advice I like to research the facts. In this case I can be sure that as soon as anyone shows signs of spending money Peter is on hand trying to take it from you. (In an a nice way of course hee hee):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

now who wants to buy a nice mercedes coachbuilt motorhome, 5-6 berth long MOT, etc etc £6000

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back