Mar 3, 2010
lincoln
Funster No
MH
highline
Exp
3 years
Hi there ,

Im Barney and i have a 2004 swift sundance 630l which i would like to get away more often in !! unfortunely i have a plumbing problem at the moment , when i turn pump on
i have a water leak coming from under the bathroom compartment ! i cannot see where the leak is to fix it ..there is three cold feeds coming off the pump which all run under the bathroom plastic one comes out the other side and runs to boiler one goes to cold bathroom tap and i think the other one runs to the toilet not too sure !
so i am wondering has any one got any advice how to remedy this problem please
thankyou :cry:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome
Im sure some of our guys will point you in the right dirrection shortly

Big Ed

Free Member
May 4, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello Barneythebear and welcome.
Regarding your plumbing problem. How much water leaks out when the pump is switched on?, if it is a massive amount it probably means that the frost has blown the pipe out of the fitting. These plastic fittings just push back in if this is the case. Otherwise it looks like the plastic pipe has burst due to frost.
In either case you will need to gain access to the pipework which could mean removing the shower base.
Hope this helps.:winky:

OP
OP
B

barneythebear

Free Member
Mar 3, 2010
lincoln
Funster No
MH
highline
Exp
3 years
Hi Big Ed ,

Thanks for replying back , There is a quite alot of water , trust it to go in a place like that means i am going to have to take the sink and the loo out to take the base out , the shower tray was split anyway ! oh well its my own silly fault .i will winterise it next time for sure !!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
oh well its my own silly fault!

It's so easy for this to happen. Just parked at an angle and a pocket of water and that's it.

I had to dismantle my Burstner shower due to frost damaging the shower valve. Lots and lots of screws and I got to the back of it, bit of super glue, sorted. I even finished with no screws over. Luckily all the joints overlapped with no sealant so it was a nice job.

I hope you get so lucky. But worst case is a long term leak, floor soft, which is why the shower tray cracked, look long and hard while you are in there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
Water ? and HI !!

Hi Barney,from another (Barny) i had a similar problem,unfortunately you have to dismantle the fittings,but try looking at the pipes going straight into the taps,if your lucky like me,one of them came loose and away,thats all ! half hour later,all was well,but you may as well check WHY that shower tray is cracked and maybe replace,checking floor area while your at it ,good luck.

OP
OP
B

barneythebear

Free Member
Mar 3, 2010
lincoln
Funster No
MH
highline
Exp
3 years
Hi Barney ,

Great name that lol , I already checked the cold water tap in the bathroom
does the other cold feed go to the loo ?????? only one comes out the other side of the wall with the returning hot feed for the hot tap in the bathroom (three cold feeds from pump)

regards :Doh:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
HI,

Your welcome to ring my lads in the workshop and pick their brains, ask Glenn or Ian.

The shower tray if you do replace it, make sure you put additional packing underneath it. Might be repairable with a fibre glass kit with strips underneath, certainly a lot cheaper.

Peter

OP
OP
B

barneythebear

Free Member
Mar 3, 2010
lincoln
Funster No
MH
highline
Exp
3 years
Thanks for replying i will take u up on your offer to ring your lads thankyou

i am not too worried about the shower floor really i just want to make the pipes under

it accessable so i dont have the problem again cheers ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back