LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Other than the firms web site got hacked a few weeks ago and the boss seems a very genuine bloke who sorted and killed the issue instantly, no.....

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I am a keen E Biker and a member of Pedelec forum. these Alien bikes are well regarded, with decent enough backup if things go wrong (essential with e bikes) and good value at a budget price::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have two Alien leccy bikes bought from this guy in Scotland that imports them and sells them on EBay. Since we bought them later models have less pedal gears, a bit heavy but we like them, fold up and put in lockers.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Picture of Alien bikes

Attachments

• IMG_0743 copy.jpg
    IMG_0743 copy.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 68

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We have two Alien leccy bikes bought from this guy in Scotland that imports them and sells them on EBay. Since we bought them later models have less pedal gears, a bit heavy but we like them, fold up and put in lockers.

Wife has a previous model names Synergie, which I bought from Iverkeithing. Same battery pack and motor but no rear suspension. Rusts badly but it works well.

Then I noticed adverts from someone a few miles up the motorway doing very similar ones but looking a later model, I always wondered if there was a connection.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Wife has a previous model names Synergie, which I bought from Iverkeithing. Same battery pack and motor but no rear suspension. Rusts badly but it works well.

Then I noticed adverts from someone a few miles up the motorway doing very similar ones but looking a later model, I always wondered if there was a connection.

Not seen that one Brian, will have a look

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Can't find the same one as ours, probably obsolete now. We bought them 4 years ago.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I didn't explain myself very well.

I bought from:
http://www.synergiebikes.com/

But the folding one, the Vivace, similar to yours seems to have gone from their site.

Then the one I spotted a bit up the motorway was Alien.

Ours were made in China so it may well be that they buy a container load of what model is available at the time, the folding ones like ours may appear again.
Not worried as ours are in the belly lockers most of the time so in good nick. If battery packs weaken then no doubt the innards are replaceable
Larry

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
"Synergie" are another brand of budget E bikes. I think there is/was a connection with Alien, and apparently they are on the same trading estate BUT are supposedly different concerns......

that is some basket Larry! lol

Larry, if bikes left stored for any length of time important to give a top up charge every couple of months or so....Also best left stored not fully charged apparently.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
"Synergie" are another brand of budget E bikes. I think there is/was a connection with Alien, and apparently they are on the same trading estate BUT are supposedly different concerns......

that is some basket Larry! lol

Larry, if bikes left stored for any length of time important to give a top up charge every couple of months or so....Also best left stored not fully charged apparently.

Thats not what I call her ---------------------------------------- not all the time ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Yes have been doing a refresher charge

pstockhi

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
DEVON
Funster No
MH
lo profile
Exp
since 1988
Brought one before xmas bike great does what it says on site does rust easy but worth money nice people to deal with going to get Jacky one in next few weeks

Pete

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I got one of these when they were £399, and some people bought them for around £300, they have offers on every week via a code.
I'm pleased with it for the money, I see they've now gone up to £499

http://www.thesportshq.com/cyclamatic-foldaway-electric-bike.aspx

they are only 24 Volt and an 8 amp battery.....as they are new on the market backup is unpredictable.

the Alien and other mainstream bikes have 36 Volt motors and 10 amp batterys at least. Our wispers for instance have 36 v and 14 amp battery's, so a better range still (at a price)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back