Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
we have a N180 fridge that has died on us (great):cry: fault14 comes up on the display, in the handbook it says this means display board and power board lost communicatin. we are in spain at the moment and its warm here so really need the fridge , hopeing to find a thetford agent near here , we are at bonterra park in benicassim. has anyone on here had this fault , any advice guys please :Blush:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Could be, and sounds like a simple loose connection between the two:thumb:
It could of course also mean one or other of the boards have past away:cry:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Theresa I found this but its a pdf and to large to put on here follow link and download pdf hope it work

Link Removed

look under thetford

troubleshooting non lcd at bottom of list gives list of checks for fault numbers

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
Theresa I found this but its a pdf and to large to put on here follow link and download pdf hope it work

Link Removed

look under thetford

thanks for that i had no luck downloading pdf, but have looked on the swift owners club at the faults page , and have just joined the club. we have been in contact with the dealer who sold us the van , and he said he will get a thetford agent from over here to ring us and come and fix it , so fingers crossed that will occur. thanks for all your help. thats what i love about this site , always someone to help :thumb::thumb::thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
good luck with the repair when you have had it done post on here what the problem was it may help someone.Silly question but I have read with Swift problems with battery charger/12 volt system can give fault 14 so check 12 volt system a good idea perhaps

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
good luck with the repair when you have had it done post on here what the problem was it may help someone.Silly question but I have read with Swift problems with battery charger/12 volt system can give fault 14 so check 12 volt system a good idea perhaps

yes over half did check 12volt system and it was o,k , the fridge was on gas when it went wrong , will post when ,and if its fixed tomorrow , going to cook some deforsted bugers and chips now lol :Blush: oh and runny icecream for after

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Thetford Fridge

Fault 14 is as you say communication breakdown between boards which will have to be replaced to do this the fridge will have to come out as you cant access from the vents

Bill :thumb:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
My fridge stopped working on gas, put it on electric then 12v, and it worked OK, so disconnected gas cylinder which still had good pressure, but connected to new cylinder and it started to work. Just wonder if there was an air lock on gas line as have had no problem since and used the old cylinder of gas later.

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
My fridge stopped working on gas, put it on electric then 12v, and it worked OK, so disconnected gas cylinder which still had good pressure, but connected to new cylinder and it started to work. Just wonder if there was an air lock on gas line as have had no problem since and used the old cylinder of gas later.

this daft fridge is a all singing all danceing thing (which is not working:Doh:) and i cant select anything , not like the one in our old van where you just turn a knob to the setting you want like gas 12v or mains , its all done with one button , wish it was just a simple thing like a air lock in the gas line , i think that one of the boards has gone wrong , there maybe one in the top of the door ,where the display panel is . how they will take the fridge out if not ,god only knows :cry:darn thing is so big:Eeek:

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
well just had the fridge fixed , they had to slide the fridge out and a wire had come out of a connector that is under the fridge , so we are all up and running again . thanks to coach graft leisure at scorrier . :thumb::thumb: first class service from them :thumb:

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
We could've saved you all that messing about carrying ice from Lidl every day.
Me, Barry, & Eric had an axe and a jemmy. It would've been out in a jiffy while Joe was on his back under the van friggin the waste valve.
You & Eileen (guarded by Rusty & his german pals from next door) could've been gassing & supping gallons of tea while we wrecked / fixed the fridge !

Anyway, glad you got back and all is ok.

Allen & Eileen

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
if you have the underseat power supply box for the mains make sure someone hasnt stowed stuff in the locker and knocked one of the rocker switches off.

Phill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back