Highways Agency and Camping and Caravanning Club (1 Viewer)

News

NewsHound
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
Highways Agency and Camping and Caravanning Club Sign Agreement.

The Memorandum outlines specific actions to create stronger communications channels, and deliver improved services and safer roads via a number of initiatives and shared expertise. It follows the successes of previous agreements between the Agency and other national organisations, and includes a three-year forward plan, defining the aims and objectives of the MoU.

The two organisations have previously worked closely on many key areas, and now intend to formalise their working relationship to the benefit of road users throughout England, including Club members.

The Highways Agency holds a vast amount of historic and real-time traffic data which will greatly assist in journey planning. Through the examination of road traffic data, it will also be possible for the two bodies to work together to help reduce the number of accidents on key routes.

The two organisations will also seek to encourage improvements to caravan and motor-home motorway service areas.

Highways Agency Chief Executive, Graham Dalton, said: We are delighted to confirm our strong working relationship with The Camping and Caravanning Club. It reflects our desire to work more closely together with all road users to help them experience safer and more reliable journeys. Well be working with The Club to promote the safe towing message to all road users, and looking at ways to improve the way we operate, such as research into the reasons behind incidents involving towing vehicles.
Matthew Eastlake, The Clubs Marketing < Communication Director, added: This alliance will help forge closer working relationships between ourselves and the Highways Agency. We represent a large proportion of motorists who either tow a caravan or trailer tent or drive a Motorhome and our primary aim is ensure road safety and safer highways and motorways.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Highways Agency and Camping and Caravanning Club Sign Agreement..

What that really said is "We the C&CC are going to stuff the CC by slowly but surely making agreements that only CC&C members can park on motorways and eventually we will get it made mandatory that all caravans and MHs must join us to use UK roads. This means that my performance bonus will be beyond the wildest dreams of even the bankers".

Allegedly of course but only in a FUN sarcastic comment way that in no way criticises the good people of the CC&C and CC.

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
I understand 'Smartnav' get their traffic info from the Highways Agency. My new Citroen has 'Smatnav' fitted as standard. Its like Satnav, except its linked to the 'Smartnav' control centre and they are supposed to constantly update it to take into account local traffic conditions. The catch is that you have to subscribe to their service to use it. The first year's subscription to the basic service is free, and then they make their money on drip pricing to sell you extra features, and renewal after the first year.
They send you testimonials from satisfied customers who think they have saved a lot of time by following the diversions around supposed traffic bottlenecks. But, of course, they don't know whether they would have been delayed if they had not followed the Smartnav recommended route.
Since I am retired with no timetable to stick to, I simply ignore the Smartnav diversions, and usually find there was no traffic delay on the original route. Presumably because the traffic has since cleared, and the Highways Agency information has not been updated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Traffic Jams are a delight in the RV. Time to take a have a sandwich and take a pee or even a kip on those proper long "Motorway Closed" type jams. ::bigsmile:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Traffic Jams are a delight in the RV. Time to take a have a sandwich and take a pee or even a kip on those proper long "Motorway Closed" type jams. ::bigsmile:

We usually open the side windows and sell cups of tea & coffee - pays for the holiday!!!:winky:
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
The pee is the more import thing

The pee is the most important thing to me. May be I drink to much tea? all roads go to Roman they say so what does it matter if I get stuck on the M25 all the time, at least I am not dodging fast moving scaffold trucks with big metal wing mirrors that seem hell bent in removing mine as they pass. I like the idea of flogging tea and food.. now that is good a mobile food van with accomadation.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back