Campers from Hell ( A wardens lot isn't always a happy lot) (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Well , we have a thread about the daft things wardens do and another about good sites/wardens.. but how many of us haven't upset a warden at some point or other ?

Precious few I reckon, own up.. :roflmto:

Called him/her out on a pissing wet night to reset the EHU

Made deep ruts or tyre marks trying to get out / in

Made a mess at an elsan point

Run over a prize flower bed..

Knocked over a peg or EHU post

must be someone, because I've seen them all .. and I've done all , except run over an EHU post :Doh::Blush:

Lets have them, own up and give us all a laugh .. :roflmto:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Go on then, I'll stick my head in the noose!:ROFLMAO:

Called him/her out on a pissing wet night to reset the EHU

Yes........and I firmly believe that trips should be accessable so that i could do it myself. Thankfully, my Owl monitor (thanks Jim) means this rarely happens now.::bigsmile:

Made deep ruts or tyre marks trying to get out / in

Yes........again, rarely, but no matter how carefully you are, mistakes can happen. In my defense, I usually work like hell with my feet etc to try and repair things myself.....only fair I think.

Made a mess at an elsan point

Yes.........but again, ALWAYS make sure the place is spotless when I leave.

Run over a prize flower bed..

NEVER!!!!! No excuse for that!

Knocked over a peg or EHU post

Never

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Turned up at CClub site at St Davids blowing a hooly and chuckin it down. Daughter did booking for me on line, 32 ft , should be tel booking over 28ft. He wasn't happy no hardstanding there, grass laying in water. I said ground pressure of 7tons over larger double rear wheels no more than single smaller wheels on 3.5 tons.
He let me stay.No problems at all in the end.
Mention RV and they poo their pants :Eeek::Eeek:

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
Last weekend it snowed during Saturday night and when leaving site on Sunday had to go through an automatic barrier which was situated on an incline out of the campsite.Packed snow on road so as I exited the barrier lost traction. As I start to reverse to get another run up the incline the barrier comes down . Result bent barrier ,fortunatley no damage to motorhome.
No warden in sight. Managed to straighten barrier and leave.:Blush:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Tell us all which site it was we'll keep a secret :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
As Del Boy's grandad would say "During the warrr......... when I was a Caravan Club Warden:

How about the chap who said he had just bought a breathable groundsheet and was it alright to put down in his awning?

It was only later that I found that he had spread a polythene tarpaulin under it to stop it getting dirty - and then had put a carpet on top of it as well to make the awning look really cheerful! Much better than having that nasty awful grass stuff in the awning. :Eeek:

How about the middle-aged business man who turned up at the site regularly every couple of weekends throughout the season with his gorgeous dolly-bird type wife. Really nice couple, always willing to chat or help others on site etc., etc., etc. Unfortunately one Saturday night he had a heart attack from which he did not recover and we arranged for Green Flag to take his grieving wife and his caravan home because she couldn't drive.

Then two months later his real wife rang up asking where his caravan had got to? :Eeek:

Or the chap who came on site, parked up, put the kettle on and immediately blew the site electrics - when I eventually narrowed the problem down to him, I found him plugging in a 4000 watt Swan Electric kettle! Never seen on before or since - a 16 amp kettle! :Eeek:

The couple who turned up in a pop-top caravanette without an on-board toilet (our site at St Agnes Beacon didn't have a toilet block) so they popped into town and bought a toilet tent. The problem was that the sides of the toilet tent stopped about 1 foot short of the ground so whenever they used it their legs and underwear stood out like a sore thumb - but one day they caused havoc when both pairs of legs could be seen in there at the same time. :Eeek:

Oly talking with Zaskar last night - and the memories came flooding back - most of them almost unprintable and even more unbelievable - but we were there! :thumb:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
How about the middle-aged business man who turned up at the site regularly every couple of weekends throughout the season with his gorgeous dolly-bird type wife. Really nice couple, always willing to chat or help others on site etc., etc., etc. Unfortunately one Saturday night he had a heart attack from which he did not recover and we arranged for Green Flag to take his grieving wife and his caravan home because she couldn't drive.

Then two months later his real wife rang up asking where his caravan had got to? :Eeek:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:That has to be true, you couldn't make it up:RollEyes:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
When we were in Cornwall at a site one of the tuggers had let his keys in the ignition. His son got into the car and demolished the EHU point wiping out power to the whole site.

The site owner had to get the emergency electrician out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Istill say cc sites and cl are the best 27or so yrs and not met a bad warden yet.
I think the cc is changing but not for the better its all about money now.Well thats my opinion. :roflmto:or:cry:
JohnM.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Sorry Jim can't help you. The haganaps have never ever upset a warden. :Blush::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back